The BBC iPlayer finally arrives on Xbox Live
Microsoft and the BBC have announced the launch of the iPlayer on Xbox Live from today.
It has been quite a while and there has been a lot of wrangling surrounding the arrival of the iPlayer on the Xbox 360 an agreement has finally been reached bringing the BBC's catch-up service to all home consoles.
Unlike all of the other video services currently available on Xbox Live which are only active for thos on Gold subscriptions, the BBC iPlayer will be fully available to those on the Xbox Live free subscription.
The BBC's GM of Programmes and On-Demand Daniel Danker said, "Xbox is hugely successful in the UK. Given the BBC's goal to reach its entire audience, I'm particularly excited that the BBC will be bringing iPlayer to all Xbox users at no extra cost as part of Xbox Live's free membership. As we continue our work to make BBC iPlayer as simple as possible, we're also excited to experiment with natural user interfaces made possible with Kinect, including voice and gesture control. We believe it's early days for these experiences, but see a great future working with partners such as Microsoft on innovations like these."
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4
- Shadow Of Mordor's Lord Of The Hunt DLC detailed
- November's Games With Gold line-up is smashing... literally
- RedBedlam adds more content to the Steam Early Access version of their novel/game crossover Bedlam
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed
- New PC patch for The Evil Within unlocks 60fps for machines that can handle it
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes