Obsidian XBLA title shelved
Obsidian have found themselves in the unfortunate position of having to put their XBLA action RPG on hold for the moment.
The studio which was formed from the remnants of Black Isle has already had a next-gen project cancelled by Microsoft and laid off 30 staff as a result.
The XBLA title was to be an action RPG with heavy emphasis placed on fun.
Studio boss Feargus Urquhart said of the unnamed XBLA title, "That project is currently on hold; we are looking at where we might want to take it."
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week
- New Heart Of Thorns expansion announced for Guild Wars 2
- Wikipedia arbitration committee bans five feminist editors from commenting on feminist articles over GamerGate
- Ubisoft in the process of deleting game keys fraudulently-acquired by resellers from UPlay
- Gearbox is now recruiting for developers to work on Borderlands 3
- DayZ passes the 3 million sales mark on Steam Early Access
- Planetside 2 sets a new Guinness World Record for the most players in an online FPS game
- Homeworld remasters look stunning, will be released next month
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network