Battlefield 3 scoops the 2011 BAFTA GAME Award
Battlefield 3 has scored the popular vote this year and scooped the BAFTA GAME Award for 2011.
The GAME Award is the only videogame BAFTA Award voted for by the gaming public and Battlefield 3 managed to fend off challenges from Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, Skyrim and Batman: Arkham City.
EA's Colin Blackwood said, "As an award that was voted for by fans, this is the ultimate recognition for DICE. We're delighted that Battlefield 3 has proved to be so popular and wed like to thank everyone that voted."
Battlefield 3 has shipped 12 million copies worldwide since it was released on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC at the end of last October.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3