Battlefield 3 scoops the 2011 BAFTA GAME Award
Battlefield 3 has scored the popular vote this year and scooped the BAFTA GAME Award for 2011.
The GAME Award is the only videogame BAFTA Award voted for by the gaming public and Battlefield 3 managed to fend off challenges from Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, Skyrim and Batman: Arkham City.
EA's Colin Blackwood said, "As an award that was voted for by fans, this is the ultimate recognition for DICE. We're delighted that Battlefield 3 has proved to be so popular and wed like to thank everyone that voted."
Battlefield 3 has shipped 12 million copies worldwide since it was released on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC at the end of last October.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer