Battlefield 3 scoops the 2011 BAFTA GAME Award
Battlefield 3 has scored the popular vote this year and scooped the BAFTA GAME Award for 2011.
The GAME Award is the only videogame BAFTA Award voted for by the gaming public and Battlefield 3 managed to fend off challenges from Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, Skyrim and Batman: Arkham City.
EA's Colin Blackwood said, "As an award that was voted for by fans, this is the ultimate recognition for DICE. We're delighted that Battlefield 3 has proved to be so popular and wed like to thank everyone that voted."
Battlefield 3 has shipped 12 million copies worldwide since it was released on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC at the end of last October.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny