Battlefield 3 scoops the 2011 BAFTA GAME Award
Battlefield 3 has scored the popular vote this year and scooped the BAFTA GAME Award for 2011.
The GAME Award is the only videogame BAFTA Award voted for by the gaming public and Battlefield 3 managed to fend off challenges from Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, Skyrim and Batman: Arkham City.
EA's Colin Blackwood said, "As an award that was voted for by fans, this is the ultimate recognition for DICE. We're delighted that Battlefield 3 has proved to be so popular and wed like to thank everyone that voted."
Battlefield 3 has shipped 12 million copies worldwide since it was released on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC at the end of last October.
- Team Junkfish's procedural survival horror Monstrum to return to Steam Early Access
- Miyamoto: Next Mario game might not arrive until Nintendo releases a new console
- Final Fantasy trailer drop continues with a new look at Final Fantasy XV
- New Final Fantasy Type-0 HD trailer drops
- Activision gives a first look at the new Exo Zombies mode for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- Rockstar announces a Christmas bumper bonanza for GTA Online
- Hazelight to use the Unreal Engine 4 for their first game
- 343 Industries to offer Halo: ODST remastered campaign to apologise for Halo: The Master Chief Collection multiplayer problems
- Court rules that lawsuit against Sony over Killzone: Shadow Fall's 1080p claims