2012 is all about the Xbox 360 for us says Microsoft
Microsoft has been very firm about the rumours surrounding them announcing a new home console this year.
The head of corporate PR, David Dennis has said that there will be no talk of a new console at E3 or any time soon for that matter.
A statement released to Kotaku further emphasised that fact saying, "While we appreciate all the interest in our long-range plans for the future, we can confirm that there will be no talk of new Xbox hardware at E3 or anytime soon. For us, 2012 is all about Xbox 360-and it's the best year ever for Xbox 360. The console is coming off its biggest year ever-a year in which Xbox outsold all other consoles worldwide. Xbox 360 didn't just outsell other consoles, it also outsold all other TV-connected devices like DVD players, as well as digital media receivers and home theatre systems."
Rumours have been flying around about the possible announcement of the next generation of Xbox and PlayStation consoles since the middle of last year also pointing to games being in development for both new platforms.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III