EA considering subs for future Battlefield titles
EA has been watching closely how the fortunes of Activision's Call Of Duty Elite service have been faring and are now considering a similar service for their Battlefield series.
Patrick Soderlund, EA Games boss, has revealed that they are looking at an Elite-like service for Battlefield as a way of getting more gamers to engage with the series.
In response to a question about Elite Soderlund said, "I think it's fair to say that we're looking at that. Like all other companies, we're looking at how we can maximize our investment in this and get the most out of our investment and get more people playing this product. That may take us to different places, but we're not really talking about where that is yet."
Battlefield 3 has already made the series a significant earner for EA after shipping 12 million copies last year.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey