EA considering subs for future Battlefield titles
EA has been watching closely how the fortunes of Activision's Call Of Duty Elite service have been faring and are now considering a similar service for their Battlefield series.
Patrick Soderlund, EA Games boss, has revealed that they are looking at an Elite-like service for Battlefield as a way of getting more gamers to engage with the series.
In response to a question about Elite Soderlund said, "I think it's fair to say that we're looking at that. Like all other companies, we're looking at how we can maximize our investment in this and get the most out of our investment and get more people playing this product. That may take us to different places, but we're not really talking about where that is yet."
Battlefield 3 has already made the series a significant earner for EA after shipping 12 million copies last year.
- BioWare's David Gaider moves from Dragon Age to a new secret BioWare project
- Cross-Buy coming to Windows 10 and Xbox One staring with Zen Pinball FX2
- Bungie knew about Destiny's loot cave before launch
- This year's BAFTA Games Awards to stream live on Twitch, watch it here
- Harmonix confirms Rock Band 4 coming to next-gen consoles this year
- Wasteland 2 also coming to the PS4
- Block 'N' Load gets a final launch date
- Elite: Dangerous is a timed exclusive on the Xbox One, PS4 version is coming too
- Phil Harrison rumoured to be leaving Microsoft