EA considering subs for future Battlefield titles
EA has been watching closely how the fortunes of Activision's Call Of Duty Elite service have been faring and are now considering a similar service for their Battlefield series.
Patrick Soderlund, EA Games boss, has revealed that they are looking at an Elite-like service for Battlefield as a way of getting more gamers to engage with the series.
In response to a question about Elite Soderlund said, "I think it's fair to say that we're looking at that. Like all other companies, we're looking at how we can maximize our investment in this and get the most out of our investment and get more people playing this product. That may take us to different places, but we're not really talking about where that is yet."
Battlefield 3 has already made the series a significant earner for EA after shipping 12 million copies last year.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto