EA considering subs for future Battlefield titles
EA has been watching closely how the fortunes of Activision's Call Of Duty Elite service have been faring and are now considering a similar service for their Battlefield series.
Patrick Soderlund, EA Games boss, has revealed that they are looking at an Elite-like service for Battlefield as a way of getting more gamers to engage with the series.
In response to a question about Elite Soderlund said, "I think it's fair to say that we're looking at that. Like all other companies, we're looking at how we can maximize our investment in this and get the most out of our investment and get more people playing this product. That may take us to different places, but we're not really talking about where that is yet."
Battlefield 3 has already made the series a significant earner for EA after shipping 12 million copies last year.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light