Obsidian misses Fallout: New Vegas bonus by one Metacritic point
Staff at Obsidian are cursing their bad luck after they missed out on their bonus for Fallout: New Vegas by a very narrow margin.
Obsidian's Chris Avellone revealed that they missed out on their bonus due to the game scoring only 84 percent on Metacritic when the score threshold for the bonus was 85 percent.
Avellone said on his Twitter account, "@Gahzcan FNV was a straight payment, no royalties, only a bonus if we got an 85+ on Metacritic, which we didn't."
This is made worse by the fact that Fallout: New Vegas sold 5 million copies and made around 300 million USD.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Team Junkfish's procedural survival horror Monstrum to return to Steam Early Access
- Miyamoto: Next Mario game might not arrive until Nintendo releases a new console
- Final Fantasy trailer drop continues with a new look at Final Fantasy XV
- New Final Fantasy Type-0 HD trailer drops
- Activision gives a first look at the new Exo Zombies mode for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- Rockstar announces a Christmas bumper bonanza for GTA Online
- Hazelight to use the Unreal Engine 4 for their first game
- 343 Industries to offer Halo: ODST remastered campaign to apologise for Halo: The Master Chief Collection multiplayer problems
- Court rules that lawsuit against Sony over Killzone: Shadow Fall's 1080p claims