Obsidian misses Fallout: New Vegas bonus by one Metacritic point
Staff at Obsidian are cursing their bad luck after they missed out on their bonus for Fallout: New Vegas by a very narrow margin.
Obsidian's Chris Avellone revealed that they missed out on their bonus due to the game scoring only 84 percent on Metacritic when the score threshold for the bonus was 85 percent.
Avellone said on his Twitter account, "@Gahzcan FNV was a straight payment, no royalties, only a bonus if we got an 85+ on Metacritic, which we didn't."
This is made worse by the fact that Fallout: New Vegas sold 5 million copies and made around 300 million USD.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO