Obsidian misses Fallout: New Vegas bonus by one Metacritic point
Staff at Obsidian are cursing their bad luck after they missed out on their bonus for Fallout: New Vegas by a very narrow margin.
Obsidian's Chris Avellone revealed that they missed out on their bonus due to the game scoring only 84 percent on Metacritic when the score threshold for the bonus was 85 percent.
Avellone said on his Twitter account, "@Gahzcan FNV was a straight payment, no royalties, only a bonus if we got an 85+ on Metacritic, which we didn't."
This is made worse by the fact that Fallout: New Vegas sold 5 million copies and made around 300 million USD.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title
- Battlefield: Hardline beta coming to all platforms next week
- Transistor and Yakuza 4 among February's PS Plus Instant Game Collection pickings