Obsidian misses Fallout: New Vegas bonus by one Metacritic point
Staff at Obsidian are cursing their bad luck after they missed out on their bonus for Fallout: New Vegas by a very narrow margin.
Obsidian's Chris Avellone revealed that they missed out on their bonus due to the game scoring only 84 percent on Metacritic when the score threshold for the bonus was 85 percent.
Avellone said on his Twitter account, "@Gahzcan FNV was a straight payment, no royalties, only a bonus if we got an 85+ on Metacritic, which we didn't."
This is made worse by the fact that Fallout: New Vegas sold 5 million copies and made around 300 million USD.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year