Cliffy B hopes for a deeper future for Gears Of War
Epic Games' creative head Cliff Bleszinski has expressed his desire to instil the series with more depth in the future.
Bleszinski is hoping to move away from the macho muscles and guns of the Gears trilogy to something a bit more thought-provoking in a kind of a Christopher Nolan vein.
He explained, "If I were to pass Gears off to another studio, and they came back with a pitch of having a double-edged chainsaw, and the characters are more buff, and now you can pull off someone's head and s**t down their neck, and they had a character that makes Cole look tame I would look at them and say, 'No, you're going in the exact wrong direction.'"
"Gears is always some of that," Bleszinski added, "but I would want to further evolve it in more of a Christopher Nolan way."
Thanks Penny Arcade.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3