Cliffy B hopes for a deeper future for Gears Of War
Epic Games' creative head Cliff Bleszinski has expressed his desire to instil the series with more depth in the future.
Bleszinski is hoping to move away from the macho muscles and guns of the Gears trilogy to something a bit more thought-provoking in a kind of a Christopher Nolan vein.
He explained, "If I were to pass Gears off to another studio, and they came back with a pitch of having a double-edged chainsaw, and the characters are more buff, and now you can pull off someone's head and s**t down their neck, and they had a character that makes Cole look tame I would look at them and say, 'No, you're going in the exact wrong direction.'"
"Gears is always some of that," Bleszinski added, "but I would want to further evolve it in more of a Christopher Nolan way."
Thanks Penny Arcade.
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side
- Wonder what Zombie mode looks like for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare? Here's a trailer
- Xbox 360 Titanfall players getting a massive update next week
- Ubisoft pulls the Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass, offering free DLC and games to apologize for the problems with the game
- Dark Souls migration over to Steam delayed into next month now
- Sony to give partial refunds to PS Vita early adopters over misleading launch advertising
- And here's the goodies that Games With Gold will get you in December
- Nival announces beta access and a massive gun for pre-ordering Blitzkrieg 3
- Evolve developers promise that all map DLC will be free