Cliffy B hopes for a deeper future for Gears Of War
Epic Games' creative head Cliff Bleszinski has expressed his desire to instil the series with more depth in the future.
Bleszinski is hoping to move away from the macho muscles and guns of the Gears trilogy to something a bit more thought-provoking in a kind of a Christopher Nolan vein.
He explained, "If I were to pass Gears off to another studio, and they came back with a pitch of having a double-edged chainsaw, and the characters are more buff, and now you can pull off someone's head and s**t down their neck, and they had a character that makes Cole look tame I would look at them and say, 'No, you're going in the exact wrong direction.'"
"Gears is always some of that," Bleszinski added, "but I would want to further evolve it in more of a Christopher Nolan way."
Thanks Penny Arcade.
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter