Codemasters secures the F1 license again for a multi-year deal
The impressive success of F1 2010 and F1 2012 has guaranteed that Codemasters will continue to produce videogames based on the Formula One franchise for the immediate future.
The British publisher/developer who recently refocused their business to concentrate on solely on racing titles has scored another multi-year deal to license the Formula One brand for videogames.
Diminutive F1 CEO Bernie Ecclestone enthused, "Codemasters has created some of the best and most successful Formula One games to date. We and the teams work closely with them and look forward to creating more award winning games together in the future."
"We got off to a strong start with Formula One but we harbour ambitions to do much more," added Codemasters boss Rod Cousens. "Formula One is front of mind at Codemasters and we give it the focus and attention it deserves. We have established close links across the sport and they know that, in Codemasters, they have a great partner.We remain ambitious with our plans and want to take the series forward. We want to take it to new geographies, make it available on new platforms to new audiences. We are taking Formula One to a new online platform this spring and our portfolio will be extended with a Formula One experience that will address a younger video game audience later in 2012. Our teams are hard at it, creating world class Formula One games across multiple genres for players irrespective of location or gaming platform and now, for many years to come."
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny