Former Sony man Phil Harrison joins Microsoft
Microsoft has confirmed that they have secured the services of former Sony man Phil Harrison to head up their European division of Microsoft Studios.
The appointment is conveniently timed as the Lionhead founder and MGS Europe boss Peter Molyneux has announced his departure from Microsoft upon the release of Fable: The Journey.
Harrison ran Sony Worldwide Studios from formation in 2005 to 2008 when he left to run the short-lived Atari publishing revival.
Microsoft has stated that Harrison's appointment bears no relation to Molyneux's departure.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3