PSN unshackled for Dust 514
Sony has removed all the PSN restrictions for CCP's new online shooter Dust 514's arrival on the PS3 later this year.
As a fully online game Dust 514 requires constant updates, something not allowed by PlayStation Network's standard restrictions.
Executive producer on Dust 514, CCP's Brandon Laurino said, "We have complete ability to service and update the game as much as needed."
"Relaxed is not even the word - they have 'removed'. Together we've worked to identify all the barriers that need to be removed to properly operate a service such as this on a console. We have complete ability to service and update the game as much as needed," Laurino added.
Currently the removal of PSN regulations applies only to Dust 514 although CCP are hoping that success for the game will prompt an evolution in the way consoles operate online.
The CCP exec added, "Certainly the intention here is to evolve the whole console business model, and we're doing it in a way where it's not just specific to us necessarily. This was very much an evolution and learning exercise for them as much as us."
Dust 514 will arrive on the PS3 this summer becoming the first ever online console game that will have an effect on a PC MMO with events in its sister title, EVE Online, also shaping events in Dust 514.
- Supremacy, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's next DLC coming to Xbox next month with added Bruce Campbell
- 2K launches a teaser for a new title possibly called Advent
- Mad Max gets a new trailer teasing the game's story
- Bethesda purges a load of stolen keys from The Elder Scrolls Online
- Peter Stormare joins the cast of Until Dawn as it gets a release date
- Resident Evil Zero is the next Capcom game to get an HD remaster
- The Executioner DLC arrives for The Evil Within
- NBA 2K16 gets a release date and early-access for pre-orders
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree