Ubisoft axes key creatives from the Rainbow Six dev team
Several key creative members of the development team behind the new Rainbow Six title have left their posts.
Creative director David Sears, narrative lead Richard Rouse III, design lead Phillipe Therien and animation director Brent George have all departed from the Rainbow Six Patriots team casting doubt over the game's future.
it is believed that the risky new ethically charged direction the game was taking has potentially been abandoned by Ubisoft in the wake of the departures although Rainbow Six Patriots is still tentatively slated for a 2013 release.
A statement released by Ubisoft said, "David Sears is no longer on the Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6 Patriots team and the new Creative Director is Jean-Sebastien Decant. The development team is still hard at work to deliver the next instalment of the revered Tom Clancy series and more details on the game will be revealed at a later date."
Thanks Game Informer.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3