Ubisoft axes key creatives from the Rainbow Six dev team
Several key creative members of the development team behind the new Rainbow Six title have left their posts.
Creative director David Sears, narrative lead Richard Rouse III, design lead Phillipe Therien and animation director Brent George have all departed from the Rainbow Six Patriots team casting doubt over the game's future.
it is believed that the risky new ethically charged direction the game was taking has potentially been abandoned by Ubisoft in the wake of the departures although Rainbow Six Patriots is still tentatively slated for a 2013 release.
A statement released by Ubisoft said, "David Sears is no longer on the Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6 Patriots team and the new Creative Director is Jean-Sebastien Decant. The development team is still hard at work to deliver the next instalment of the revered Tom Clancy series and more details on the game will be revealed at a later date."
Thanks Game Informer.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny