Ubisoft axes key creatives from the Rainbow Six dev team
Several key creative members of the development team behind the new Rainbow Six title have left their posts.
Creative director David Sears, narrative lead Richard Rouse III, design lead Phillipe Therien and animation director Brent George have all departed from the Rainbow Six Patriots team casting doubt over the game's future.
it is believed that the risky new ethically charged direction the game was taking has potentially been abandoned by Ubisoft in the wake of the departures although Rainbow Six Patriots is still tentatively slated for a 2013 release.
A statement released by Ubisoft said, "David Sears is no longer on the Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6 Patriots team and the new Creative Director is Jean-Sebastien Decant. The development team is still hard at work to deliver the next instalment of the revered Tom Clancy series and more details on the game will be revealed at a later date."
Thanks Game Informer.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title