Ubisoft axes key creatives from the Rainbow Six dev team
Several key creative members of the development team behind the new Rainbow Six title have left their posts.
Creative director David Sears, narrative lead Richard Rouse III, design lead Phillipe Therien and animation director Brent George have all departed from the Rainbow Six Patriots team casting doubt over the game's future.
it is believed that the risky new ethically charged direction the game was taking has potentially been abandoned by Ubisoft in the wake of the departures although Rainbow Six Patriots is still tentatively slated for a 2013 release.
A statement released by Ubisoft said, "David Sears is no longer on the Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6 Patriots team and the new Creative Director is Jean-Sebastien Decant. The development team is still hard at work to deliver the next instalment of the revered Tom Clancy series and more details on the game will be revealed at a later date."
Thanks Game Informer.
- New Destiny trailer teases interesting new stuff coming with The Dark Below
- Geometry Wars 3 hits PC today, consoles tomorrow
- Retail listing for ZombiU 2 spotted
- 343 admits last week's Halo: The Master Chief Collection patch didn't work as well as they'd hoped, promises to keep working
- Dark Souls II is heading to PS4, Xbox One and DirectX 11 PC next year
- Square Enix boss promises a brand new console RPG reveal next month
- Ubisoft reveals there will be no release day reviews for The Crew
- Surprise! Tales From The Borderlands episode one is out today
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent