Ubisoft axes key creatives from the Rainbow Six dev team
Several key creative members of the development team behind the new Rainbow Six title have left their posts.
Creative director David Sears, narrative lead Richard Rouse III, design lead Phillipe Therien and animation director Brent George have all departed from the Rainbow Six Patriots team casting doubt over the game's future.
it is believed that the risky new ethically charged direction the game was taking has potentially been abandoned by Ubisoft in the wake of the departures although Rainbow Six Patriots is still tentatively slated for a 2013 release.
A statement released by Ubisoft said, "David Sears is no longer on the Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6 Patriots team and the new Creative Director is Jean-Sebastien Decant. The development team is still hard at work to deliver the next instalment of the revered Tom Clancy series and more details on the game will be revealed at a later date."
Thanks Game Informer.
- Possible dates for the Steam Summer Sale appear online
- Rise Of The Tomb Raider on Xbox 360 doesn't appear in Square Enix's financials for this year
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week with new gear and rewards
- Titanfall developers Respawn won't be at E3 this year
- Destiny: Xur's location and stock for May 28th
- Destiny's Trials Of Osiris declared a success, Bungie bans cheaters
- FIFA 16 will throw women's teams into the mix
- New The Elder Scrolls Online trailer shows off the expansive world of Tamriel
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new 7-minute gameplay trailer