Activision aiming to 'own' April with Prototype 2
Activision studio Radical Entertainment reckons they have a good chance of April being their month with the release of their gory free-roamer Prototype 2.
April is a fairly quiet month as far as releases go with Prototype 2 and the 360 release of The Witcher 2 being the only notable triple-A releases on the bill. Radical sees this as the perfect opportunity to make Prototype 2 a success.
Studio VP Dave Fracchia said ambitiously, "We sold 2.1m copies of the first game and our expectations are much higher for this one. I would roughly say we're looking at between 1.5 to two times [the sales of Prototype]. I would obviously like to see it higher than that."
He added, "There were a few games that were getting hints about potentially being released during April, but they've all kind of moved, so we literally own April."
Prototype 2 is out on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 on April the 24th in North America and April 27th in the UK.
- Warren Spector lifts the lid on Junction Point's cancelled Half-Life 2 episode
- Ubisoft pledges to match up to 100,000 CAD of donations to aid Far Cry 4's inspiration Nepal recover from the earthquake
- Square Enix shows off their new DirectX 12-powered Luminous Studio engine
- Overkill's The Walking Dead game coming to PC and consoles next year
- Sony to release The Last Of Us DLC Left Behind as a standalone downloadable
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided trailer was a bit violent for Warren Spector's tastes
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC to arrive on Xbox 360 and PlayStation consoles this month
- EA gives a date and time for their 2015 E3 press conference
- Frozen Cortex gets a large free update