Activision aiming to 'own' April with Prototype 2
Activision studio Radical Entertainment reckons they have a good chance of April being their month with the release of their gory free-roamer Prototype 2.
April is a fairly quiet month as far as releases go with Prototype 2 and the 360 release of The Witcher 2 being the only notable triple-A releases on the bill. Radical sees this as the perfect opportunity to make Prototype 2 a success.
Studio VP Dave Fracchia said ambitiously, "We sold 2.1m copies of the first game and our expectations are much higher for this one. I would roughly say we're looking at between 1.5 to two times [the sales of Prototype]. I would obviously like to see it higher than that."
He added, "There were a few games that were getting hints about potentially being released during April, but they've all kind of moved, so we literally own April."
Prototype 2 is out on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 on April the 24th in North America and April 27th in the UK.
- October PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up announced with Driveclub as a bonus
- Betas planned for every platform should ensure Battlefield: Hardline will work at launch
- Latest patch for Battlefield 4 fixes just about everything and unblocks your kitchen sink
- Warface gets updated with new maps and a few gameplay tweaks
- Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya gives one final response to those begging for Bayonetta 2 to be released on PS4 and Xbox One
- Shadow Of Mordor devs not worried by the Assassin's Creed comparisons
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham heading to New York ComicCon 2014
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty gets brand new 'Old School' controls
- Bungie concedes that Destiny's storyline was recut less than a year from release