Activision aiming to 'own' April with Prototype 2
Activision studio Radical Entertainment reckons they have a good chance of April being their month with the release of their gory free-roamer Prototype 2.
April is a fairly quiet month as far as releases go with Prototype 2 and the 360 release of The Witcher 2 being the only notable triple-A releases on the bill. Radical sees this as the perfect opportunity to make Prototype 2 a success.
Studio VP Dave Fracchia said ambitiously, "We sold 2.1m copies of the first game and our expectations are much higher for this one. I would roughly say we're looking at between 1.5 to two times [the sales of Prototype]. I would obviously like to see it higher than that."
He added, "There were a few games that were getting hints about potentially being released during April, but they've all kind of moved, so we literally own April."
Prototype 2 is out on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 on April the 24th in North America and April 27th in the UK.
- Mortal Kombat X coming to mobiles as a free-to-play card battler
- EA announces details of Battlefield: Hardline Premium
- Payday 2: Crimewave Edition to hit PS4 and Xbox One in the summer
- Valve and HTC partner up for the new SteamVR device the Vive
- Trevor looks even more ravaged by time and crystal meth in these new GTA V PC screens
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users