Activision aiming to 'own' April with Prototype 2
Activision studio Radical Entertainment reckons they have a good chance of April being their month with the release of their gory free-roamer Prototype 2.
April is a fairly quiet month as far as releases go with Prototype 2 and the 360 release of The Witcher 2 being the only notable triple-A releases on the bill. Radical sees this as the perfect opportunity to make Prototype 2 a success.
Studio VP Dave Fracchia said ambitiously, "We sold 2.1m copies of the first game and our expectations are much higher for this one. I would roughly say we're looking at between 1.5 to two times [the sales of Prototype]. I would obviously like to see it higher than that."
He added, "There were a few games that were getting hints about potentially being released during April, but they've all kind of moved, so we literally own April."
Prototype 2 is out on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 on April the 24th in North America and April 27th in the UK.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3