Activision aiming to 'own' April with Prototype 2
Activision studio Radical Entertainment reckons they have a good chance of April being their month with the release of their gory free-roamer Prototype 2.
April is a fairly quiet month as far as releases go with Prototype 2 and the 360 release of The Witcher 2 being the only notable triple-A releases on the bill. Radical sees this as the perfect opportunity to make Prototype 2 a success.
Studio VP Dave Fracchia said ambitiously, "We sold 2.1m copies of the first game and our expectations are much higher for this one. I would roughly say we're looking at between 1.5 to two times [the sales of Prototype]. I would obviously like to see it higher than that."
He added, "There were a few games that were getting hints about potentially being released during April, but they've all kind of moved, so we literally own April."
Prototype 2 is out on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 on April the 24th in North America and April 27th in the UK.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer