New SimCity unveiled; Citizens rejoice!
This year's GDC saw a very exciting announcement for PC gamers specifically as Maxis revealed a brand new SimCity game.
The studio is returning to the series that the made their name with and giving city-building sim a brand new sheen with the powerful new proprietary Glassbox game engine.
EA Maxis' senior VP Lucy Bradshaw said, "We'd like to thank the millions of fans who have helped make SimCity synonymous with the city-building genre. This is a franchise that means the world to us at Maxis and were happy to be bringing it back home where we are reimagining it for an entirely new generation of players. Using our proprietary GlassBox Engine, SimCity for PC will equip players with the tools to play the most sophisticated simulation of its kind. We are dedicated to making sure the experience no matter the platform has the fun, flavour and playability that has been intrinsic to the franchise since its birth."
The exciting announcement is muted a little bit as SimCity will not be ready for release until 2013. Nevertheless SimCity is available to pre-order over Origin with the free added bonus of the SimCity Heroes & Villains pack bringing some superhero action to newly built cities.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey