New SimCity unveiled; Citizens rejoice!
This year's GDC saw a very exciting announcement for PC gamers specifically as Maxis revealed a brand new SimCity game.
The studio is returning to the series that the made their name with and giving city-building sim a brand new sheen with the powerful new proprietary Glassbox game engine.
EA Maxis' senior VP Lucy Bradshaw said, "We'd like to thank the millions of fans who have helped make SimCity synonymous with the city-building genre. This is a franchise that means the world to us at Maxis and were happy to be bringing it back home where we are reimagining it for an entirely new generation of players. Using our proprietary GlassBox Engine, SimCity for PC will equip players with the tools to play the most sophisticated simulation of its kind. We are dedicated to making sure the experience no matter the platform has the fun, flavour and playability that has been intrinsic to the franchise since its birth."
The exciting announcement is muted a little bit as SimCity will not be ready for release until 2013. Nevertheless SimCity is available to pre-order over Origin with the free added bonus of the SimCity Heroes & Villains pack bringing some superhero action to newly built cities.
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch
- New featurette release talking about faithfully recreating the artwork from The Legend Of Korra in the new game
- Sony details PS4 update 2.00, Music player is among the highlights
- Runefest 2014 Runescape's most successful fanfest yet
- Project CARS delayed into 2015 to push it out of the busy Christmas release schedule
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection needs a 20 GB day one update because 343 filled up the 45GB game disc
- SEGA announces the Fox Company pre-order bonus for Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault
- Tim Schafer has finally finished writing Broken Age Act 2
- Pachter reckons GTA V won't sell all that well on next-gen consoles, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare should do well though