New SimCity unveiled; Citizens rejoice!
This year's GDC saw a very exciting announcement for PC gamers specifically as Maxis revealed a brand new SimCity game.
The studio is returning to the series that the made their name with and giving city-building sim a brand new sheen with the powerful new proprietary Glassbox game engine.
EA Maxis' senior VP Lucy Bradshaw said, "We'd like to thank the millions of fans who have helped make SimCity synonymous with the city-building genre. This is a franchise that means the world to us at Maxis and were happy to be bringing it back home where we are reimagining it for an entirely new generation of players. Using our proprietary GlassBox Engine, SimCity for PC will equip players with the tools to play the most sophisticated simulation of its kind. We are dedicated to making sure the experience no matter the platform has the fun, flavour and playability that has been intrinsic to the franchise since its birth."
The exciting announcement is muted a little bit as SimCity will not be ready for release until 2013. Nevertheless SimCity is available to pre-order over Origin with the free added bonus of the SimCity Heroes & Villains pack bringing some superhero action to newly built cities.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year