CCP reveals that PS3 shooter Dust 514 will be free-to-play
CCP's groundbreaking multiplayer FPS for PS3 Dust 514 will now be breaking even more ground according to the EVE Online developer's latest announcement.
Dust 514 will not only be the first console title to link in with a PC MMO but it will also be the first free-to-play FPS on the PlayStation 3 when it arrives later this year.
"Dust 514 has everything you could want in a shooter: thrilling gameplay, spectacular graphics and an incredible strategic depth that comes from sharing the living universe of EVE Online. Dust 514 embodies the passion and creativity the world has come to expect from CCP, and we think PlayStation 3 owners will be amazed at the opportunity to play such a groundbreaking new game of this caliber for free," said CCP CEO Hilmar Ptursson.
CCP has also announced that Dust 514 will be available to the public to play for the fist time at this month's EVE Fanfest in Reykjavik between the 22nd and the 24th of March.
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
- Take-Two reports GTA V has sold over 34 million copies
- Stephen Colbert deconstructs #Gamergate last night with guest Anita Sarkeesian
- First Nosgoth eSports tournament to begin next month
- Stealth Inc 2 trailer peeks it head out of the shadows
- The Crew beta launches on PS4 and Xbox One next week
- PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Dying Light cancelled, Techland describes their development as painful
- Sony investigating issues resulting from the release of PS4 firmware 2.0
- New trailer makes Final Fantasy Type-0 HD look like the darkest Final Fantasy game yet