CCP reveals that PS3 shooter Dust 514 will be free-to-play
CCP's groundbreaking multiplayer FPS for PS3 Dust 514 will now be breaking even more ground according to the EVE Online developer's latest announcement.
Dust 514 will not only be the first console title to link in with a PC MMO but it will also be the first free-to-play FPS on the PlayStation 3 when it arrives later this year.
"Dust 514 has everything you could want in a shooter: thrilling gameplay, spectacular graphics and an incredible strategic depth that comes from sharing the living universe of EVE Online. Dust 514 embodies the passion and creativity the world has come to expect from CCP, and we think PlayStation 3 owners will be amazed at the opportunity to play such a groundbreaking new game of this caliber for free," said CCP CEO Hilmar Ptursson.
CCP has also announced that Dust 514 will be available to the public to play for the fist time at this month's EVE Fanfest in Reykjavik between the 22nd and the 24th of March.
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side