CCP reveals that PS3 shooter Dust 514 will be free-to-play
CCP's groundbreaking multiplayer FPS for PS3 Dust 514 will now be breaking even more ground according to the EVE Online developer's latest announcement.
Dust 514 will not only be the first console title to link in with a PC MMO but it will also be the first free-to-play FPS on the PlayStation 3 when it arrives later this year.
"Dust 514 has everything you could want in a shooter: thrilling gameplay, spectacular graphics and an incredible strategic depth that comes from sharing the living universe of EVE Online. Dust 514 embodies the passion and creativity the world has come to expect from CCP, and we think PlayStation 3 owners will be amazed at the opportunity to play such a groundbreaking new game of this caliber for free," said CCP CEO Hilmar Ptursson.
CCP has also announced that Dust 514 will be available to the public to play for the fist time at this month's EVE Fanfest in Reykjavik between the 22nd and the 24th of March.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny