God Of War II director joins Tomb Raider studio Crystal Dynamics
The director of God Of War II, Cory Barlog has joined the Tomb Raider developer Crystal Dynamics.
Barlog's CV includes God Of War II and the two PSP titles Chains Of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta before leaving Sony to work on a variety of projects including a potential Mad Max title.
Crystal Dynamics head Darren Gallagher said, "Crystal has pulled together some of the best teams in the industry to deliver against upcoming projects and future IP. Cory's heritage in building industry defining action adventure titles, together with our focus on delivering quality character driven blockbuster entertainment makes Cory a tremendously exciting addition to the team."
As well as this year's Tomb Raider reboot, Crystal Dynamics also have another unannounced title in the pipeline that is believed to be a completely new IP.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3