God Of War II director joins Tomb Raider studio Crystal Dynamics
The director of God Of War II, Cory Barlog has joined the Tomb Raider developer Crystal Dynamics.
Barlog's CV includes God Of War II and the two PSP titles Chains Of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta before leaving Sony to work on a variety of projects including a potential Mad Max title.
Crystal Dynamics head Darren Gallagher said, "Crystal has pulled together some of the best teams in the industry to deliver against upcoming projects and future IP. Cory's heritage in building industry defining action adventure titles, together with our focus on delivering quality character driven blockbuster entertainment makes Cory a tremendously exciting addition to the team."
As well as this year's Tomb Raider reboot, Crystal Dynamics also have another unannounced title in the pipeline that is believed to be a completely new IP.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year