God Of War II director joins Tomb Raider studio Crystal Dynamics
The director of God Of War II, Cory Barlog has joined the Tomb Raider developer Crystal Dynamics.
Barlog's CV includes God Of War II and the two PSP titles Chains Of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta before leaving Sony to work on a variety of projects including a potential Mad Max title.
Crystal Dynamics head Darren Gallagher said, "Crystal has pulled together some of the best teams in the industry to deliver against upcoming projects and future IP. Cory's heritage in building industry defining action adventure titles, together with our focus on delivering quality character driven blockbuster entertainment makes Cory a tremendously exciting addition to the team."
As well as this year's Tomb Raider reboot, Crystal Dynamics also have another unannounced title in the pipeline that is believed to be a completely new IP.
- October PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up announced with Driveclub as a bonus
- Betas planned for every platform should ensure Battlefield: Hardline will work at launch
- Latest patch for Battlefield 4 fixes just about everything and unblocks your kitchen sink
- Warface gets updated with new maps and a few gameplay tweaks
- Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya gives one final response to those begging for Bayonetta 2 to be released on PS4 and Xbox One
- Shadow Of Mordor devs not worried by the Assassin's Creed comparisons
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham heading to New York ComicCon 2014
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty gets brand new 'Old School' controls
- Bungie concedes that Destiny's storyline was recut less than a year from release