Cell not powering the PlayStation 4?
It has been suggested that they recent rumours surrounding AMD's involvement in the development of Sony's new home console may indicate that Sony has abandoned their Cell processor architecture.
Sources have told Kotaku that the Sony's next home console will be powered by a new processor designed by AMD and it will not be based on the Cell technology that powers the PS3.
Last year Sony sold the Cell processor technology to IBM although at the time IBM stated that they would be providing the processors to power all of the next generation of home consoles.
If the rumours about Sony abandoning Cell are true then it may be the case that the PS4 will feature integrated architecture with the graphics and processor on one chip with AMD's Radeon architecture powering the graphics.
- Resident Evil HD remake gets its first trailer
- Capcom working with Dimps on a what is probably Street Fighter V
- New Titanfall update adds Titan-free combat gameplay mode
- OnLive coming to Philips' new range fo Android-powered smart TVs
- Explore the rest of the solar system with Google's Destiny Planet View
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round coming to next-gen consoles
- Voting opens up for GamesAid's charity of 2014
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today