Cell not powering the PlayStation 4?
It has been suggested that they recent rumours surrounding AMD's involvement in the development of Sony's new home console may indicate that Sony has abandoned their Cell processor architecture.
Sources have told Kotaku that the Sony's next home console will be powered by a new processor designed by AMD and it will not be based on the Cell technology that powers the PS3.
Last year Sony sold the Cell processor technology to IBM although at the time IBM stated that they would be providing the processors to power all of the next generation of home consoles.
If the rumours about Sony abandoning Cell are true then it may be the case that the PS4 will feature integrated architecture with the graphics and processor on one chip with AMD's Radeon architecture powering the graphics.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light