THQ spending more on The Devil's Third than any of Itagaki's previous titles
THQ may be going through a rough patch at the moment but that doesn't mean that they're scared of investing titles they think have promise.
One of the games that they're investing in is Ninja Gaiden creator, Tomonobu Itagaki's first title with his own Valhalla Studios The Devil's Third.
Itagaki has revealed that THQ have given him the biggest budget he has ever had to work with for developing The Devil's Third.
He explained, "We've been working with THQ for two and a half years, and when I was working in Japan I was at the publisher myself so I can't really compare because it's different. The circumstances are very different. I really understand what the publisher thinks because I used to be the publisher myself."
"The one thing that's completely different between the Eastern publisher and Western publisher is the budget," Itagaki continued. "I've made more than 30 games, and if you put a little bit more [money] into the one I'm making now, Devil's Third, I could make all of the 30 games I made before. The budget you use for the promotion is completely different too. Those are the biggest differences."
The Devil's Third is not the only game that THQ are investing heavily in with Homefront 2 in development at Crytek and Guillermo Del Toro's InSane under way at Saints Row dev Volition.
Thanks Game Informer.
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date