THQ spending more on The Devil's Third than any of Itagaki's previous titles
THQ may be going through a rough patch at the moment but that doesn't mean that they're scared of investing titles they think have promise.
One of the games that they're investing in is Ninja Gaiden creator, Tomonobu Itagaki's first title with his own Valhalla Studios The Devil's Third.
Itagaki has revealed that THQ have given him the biggest budget he has ever had to work with for developing The Devil's Third.
He explained, "We've been working with THQ for two and a half years, and when I was working in Japan I was at the publisher myself so I can't really compare because it's different. The circumstances are very different. I really understand what the publisher thinks because I used to be the publisher myself."
"The one thing that's completely different between the Eastern publisher and Western publisher is the budget," Itagaki continued. "I've made more than 30 games, and if you put a little bit more [money] into the one I'm making now, Devil's Third, I could make all of the 30 games I made before. The budget you use for the promotion is completely different too. Those are the biggest differences."
The Devil's Third is not the only game that THQ are investing heavily in with Homefront 2 in development at Crytek and Guillermo Del Toro's InSane under way at Saints Row dev Volition.
Thanks Game Informer.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny