Muzyka: Mass Effect is a big possibility space
The release of Mass Effect 3 is looming large on the horizon and now BioWare bosses Drs Ray Muzyka and Greg Zeschuk have been talking about the series' future post Commander Shepard.
In an honest and good humoured interview with Penny Arcade Zeschuk and Muzyka spoke of the possibility of creating a Mass Effect MMO.
Zeschuk began jokingly, "Now that we've learned MMOs are really easy to make, and simple to run after the fact, were on it! The interesting thing, the implication of a Mass Effect MMO has so many expectations. We already bit off a big thing to chew with a Star Wars MMO, and that's not so small."
He continued in a more serious vein, "It's daunting, but the neat thing is it would lend itself to a different type of game play. It's fun to think about. I imagine people think it would be just like Mass Effect as it is but there's lots of people there. It's really interesting, I dont know. It's a tough one."
Muzyka took over, "The possibility space, that's a term that I heard Will Wright say about ten years ago, and it really struck me. When you deliver a game, and you deliver it for a player, you have to capture what they think is the possibility space. You need to let them do everything they think they should do, and you can't block them from doing anything they think they should be able to do. You have to nail all the features and content that should be in that possibility space... Mass Effect is a big possibility space."
Thanks Penny Arcade.
- BioWare's David Gaider moves from Dragon Age to a new secret BioWare project
- Cross-Buy coming to Windows 10 and Xbox One staring with Zen Pinball FX2
- Bungie knew about Destiny's loot cave before launch
- This year's BAFTA Games Awards to stream live on Twitch, watch it here
- Harmonix confirms Rock Band 4 coming to next-gen consoles this year
- Wasteland 2 also coming to the PS4
- Block 'N' Load gets a final launch date
- Elite: Dangerous is a timed exclusive on the Xbox One, PS4 version is coming too
- Phil Harrison rumoured to be leaving Microsoft