WiiWare 40 MB limit is horrible says Team Meat
The boys behind Super Meat Boy have voiced enthusiasm for developing for the 3DS and the Wii U despite their frustration over WiiWare and its tiny size cap.
Team Meat's Tommy Refenes described the 40 MB limit to the size of games on WiiWare as "horrible" but remains positive over the 2 GB limit for the 3DS and the possibilities presented by the Wii U.
He began, [WiiWare's] 40MB is horrible, but [the 3DS eShop's] 2GB is reasonable. Super Meat Boy would have been on WiiWare if we could have had just a few more megabytes of space - you can only compress stuff so much before you have to start cutting out huge parts of your game. Unfortunately, at that point, it just isn't worth the time."
Refenes added, "If we can in the future, we'd like our next game to be on Wii U as well as everything else."
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4
- Shadow Of Mordor's Lord Of The Hunt DLC detailed
- November's Games With Gold line-up is smashing... literally
- RedBedlam adds more content to the Steam Early Access version of their novel/game crossover Bedlam
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed
- New PC patch for The Evil Within unlocks 60fps for machines that can handle it
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes