WiiWare 40 MB limit is horrible says Team Meat
The boys behind Super Meat Boy have voiced enthusiasm for developing for the 3DS and the Wii U despite their frustration over WiiWare and its tiny size cap.
Team Meat's Tommy Refenes described the 40 MB limit to the size of games on WiiWare as "horrible" but remains positive over the 2 GB limit for the 3DS and the possibilities presented by the Wii U.
He began, [WiiWare's] 40MB is horrible, but [the 3DS eShop's] 2GB is reasonable. Super Meat Boy would have been on WiiWare if we could have had just a few more megabytes of space - you can only compress stuff so much before you have to start cutting out huge parts of your game. Unfortunately, at that point, it just isn't worth the time."
Refenes added, "If we can in the future, we'd like our next game to be on Wii U as well as everything else."
- Sony gets all generous with Decembers PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up
- New Destiny trailer teases interesting new stuff coming with The Dark Below
- Geometry Wars 3 hits PC today, consoles tomorrow
- Retail listing for ZombiU 2 spotted
- 343 admits last week's Halo: The Master Chief Collection patch didn't work as well as they'd hoped, promises to keep working
- Dark Souls II is heading to PS4, Xbox One and DirectX 11 PC next year
- Square Enix boss promises a brand new console RPG reveal next month
- Ubisoft reveals there will be no release day reviews for The Crew
- Surprise! Tales From The Borderlands episode one is out today