AMD working on parts for the next Sony console
Former AMD employees have leaked information that indicates that a successor to the PS3 is in development.
With the IBM already tied in to deals for producing the processors for Sony and Microsoft's next generation of machines, it would seem that AMD will be delivering the graphics processors for Sony's new machine.
As Nvidia provided the graphical processing power behind the PS3 this could signal a shift in approach for Sony with the PS4.
Sony and AMD have declined to comment on the rumours but Sony has previously commented that they will be announcing no new hardware this year in order to focus on the PS Vita.
- Merry Christmas from Play.tm!
- Microsoft offering some excellent Games With Gold in January
- New Battlefield: Hardline Karma trailer arrives
- Mystery Of The Mooil Rig DLC arrives for Sunset Overdrive
- Destiny registered users approaching 13 million
- STALKER devs GSC Gameworld reopens its doors
- Free game reward for Assassin's Creed: Unity users requires them to reliquish their right to sue Ubisoft
- Respawn wishes Titanfall had been released on Steam
- Team Junkfish's procedural survival horror Monstrum to return to Steam Early Access