AMD working on parts for the next Sony console
Former AMD employees have leaked information that indicates that a successor to the PS3 is in development.
With the IBM already tied in to deals for producing the processors for Sony and Microsoft's next generation of machines, it would seem that AMD will be delivering the graphics processors for Sony's new machine.
As Nvidia provided the graphical processing power behind the PS3 this could signal a shift in approach for Sony with the PS4.
Sony and AMD have declined to comment on the rumours but Sony has previously commented that they will be announcing no new hardware this year in order to focus on the PS Vita.
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date