AMD working on parts for the next Sony console
Former AMD employees have leaked information that indicates that a successor to the PS3 is in development.
With the IBM already tied in to deals for producing the processors for Sony and Microsoft's next generation of machines, it would seem that AMD will be delivering the graphics processors for Sony's new machine.
As Nvidia provided the graphical processing power behind the PS3 this could signal a shift in approach for Sony with the PS4.
Sony and AMD have declined to comment on the rumours but Sony has previously commented that they will be announcing no new hardware this year in order to focus on the PS Vita.
- Fahrenheit remaster arrives on PC and iOS
- Feminist Frequency planning two new series for 2015
- Other Ocean's #IDARB and Brothers: A Tale Of Two Sons heading to Xbox Live's Games With Gold next month
- Cupcakes unveiled by The Behemoth as a new unit in Game 4
- Battlefield: Hardline developer diary arrives, promises beta date tomorrow
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn gets a free-login weekend beginning Friday
- Sony dropping the Maps and YouTube apps from the PS Vita
- Unidentified Russian believed to responsible for distributing Ubisoft's deleted illegitemate game keys
- Dragon Age: Inquisition becomes BioWare's best-selling game yet