AMD working on parts for the next Sony console
Former AMD employees have leaked information that indicates that a successor to the PS3 is in development.
With the IBM already tied in to deals for producing the processors for Sony and Microsoft's next generation of machines, it would seem that AMD will be delivering the graphics processors for Sony's new machine.
As Nvidia provided the graphical processing power behind the PS3 this could signal a shift in approach for Sony with the PS4.
Sony and AMD have declined to comment on the rumours but Sony has previously commented that they will be announcing no new hardware this year in order to focus on the PS Vita.
- Watch Us Play.tm: Metro Redux
- Capcom suing Koei Tecmo for a lot of patent infringement
- New fighters and gameply features come in with EA Sports UFC's second free update
- NHL 15 demo faces off on PS4 and Xbox One
- Chair bringing the Infinity Blade saga to a close next week
- Watchmen and Dexter actors provide the voices for The Evil Within
- Square Enix apologises over confusion surrounding the Rise Of The Tomb Raider announcement
- Antitrust issues caused Google to back out of buying Twitch
- Metro Redux launch trailer arrives as the collection launches in North America