AMD working on parts for the next Sony console
Former AMD employees have leaked information that indicates that a successor to the PS3 is in development.
With the IBM already tied in to deals for producing the processors for Sony and Microsoft's next generation of machines, it would seem that AMD will be delivering the graphics processors for Sony's new machine.
As Nvidia provided the graphical processing power behind the PS3 this could signal a shift in approach for Sony with the PS4.
Sony and AMD have declined to comment on the rumours but Sony has previously commented that they will be announcing no new hardware this year in order to focus on the PS Vita.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto