Rumour: Blizzard working on an unannounced free-to-play MMO
A source close to Blizzard have indicated that the World Of Warcraft studio has a free-to-play MMO title in the works.
With World Of Warcraft already partially free-to-play and Diablo III due to offer a real currency auction system, it appears that Blizzard are experimenting with alternative methods of monetizing their titles.
The source didn't reveal much more information on the title and it is unclear whether or not the game is the new MMO codenamed Project Titan or another separate MMO.
If it is another new title it would be the fifth project that Blizzard have under way alongside Diablo III, Project Titan, StarCraft II: Heart Of The Swarm and the next World Of Warcraft expansion Mists Of Pandaria.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO