Rumour: Blizzard working on an unannounced free-to-play MMO
A source close to Blizzard have indicated that the World Of Warcraft studio has a free-to-play MMO title in the works.
With World Of Warcraft already partially free-to-play and Diablo III due to offer a real currency auction system, it appears that Blizzard are experimenting with alternative methods of monetizing their titles.
The source didn't reveal much more information on the title and it is unclear whether or not the game is the new MMO codenamed Project Titan or another separate MMO.
If it is another new title it would be the fifth project that Blizzard have under way alongside Diablo III, Project Titan, StarCraft II: Heart Of The Swarm and the next World Of Warcraft expansion Mists Of Pandaria.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny