Rumour: Blizzard working on an unannounced free-to-play MMO
A source close to Blizzard have indicated that the World Of Warcraft studio has a free-to-play MMO title in the works.
With World Of Warcraft already partially free-to-play and Diablo III due to offer a real currency auction system, it appears that Blizzard are experimenting with alternative methods of monetizing their titles.
The source didn't reveal much more information on the title and it is unclear whether or not the game is the new MMO codenamed Project Titan or another separate MMO.
If it is another new title it would be the fifth project that Blizzard have under way alongside Diablo III, Project Titan, StarCraft II: Heart Of The Swarm and the next World Of Warcraft expansion Mists Of Pandaria.
Thanks Develop Online.
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III
- New Final Fantasy XV trailer unveiled, demo coming next year
- Final Fantasy XIII and its spin-offs coming to the PC
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a release date
- Visceral reveals details of Battlefield: Hardline's Hotwire multiplayer mode and a new gameplay video
- Singapore hotlap video arrives for F1 2014