Rumour: Blizzard working on an unannounced free-to-play MMO
A source close to Blizzard have indicated that the World Of Warcraft studio has a free-to-play MMO title in the works.
With World Of Warcraft already partially free-to-play and Diablo III due to offer a real currency auction system, it appears that Blizzard are experimenting with alternative methods of monetizing their titles.
The source didn't reveal much more information on the title and it is unclear whether or not the game is the new MMO codenamed Project Titan or another separate MMO.
If it is another new title it would be the fifth project that Blizzard have under way alongside Diablo III, Project Titan, StarCraft II: Heart Of The Swarm and the next World Of Warcraft expansion Mists Of Pandaria.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title
- Battlefield: Hardline beta coming to all platforms next week
- Transistor and Yakuza 4 among February's PS Plus Instant Game Collection pickings
- Third and final Life Is Strange development diary arrives ahead of tomorrow's launch of episode one
- Nintendo shows profits despite the Wii U continuing to underperform
- Goetia demo is now live
- There's a whole load of LEGO games coming this year including LEGO Jurassic World
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 devs confident that Resident Evil 7 will be mind-blowing
- Steam content creators raise more than 50 million USD making hats for Team Fortress 2 and the like