Rumour: Blizzard working on an unannounced free-to-play MMO
A source close to Blizzard have indicated that the World Of Warcraft studio has a free-to-play MMO title in the works.
With World Of Warcraft already partially free-to-play and Diablo III due to offer a real currency auction system, it appears that Blizzard are experimenting with alternative methods of monetizing their titles.
The source didn't reveal much more information on the title and it is unclear whether or not the game is the new MMO codenamed Project Titan or another separate MMO.
If it is another new title it would be the fifth project that Blizzard have under way alongside Diablo III, Project Titan, StarCraft II: Heart Of The Swarm and the next World Of Warcraft expansion Mists Of Pandaria.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year