Aion becomes free-to-play next week
NCsoft's big fantasy MMO Aion is set to join the growing ranks of free-to-play MMO titles next week.
The only differences that current Aion players will notice straight away is that the subscription will no longer come out of their bank accounts every month.
Any current subscribers who still have time left to run on their current subscriptions will receive six Aion Coins (the game's premium currency) for every day that is left on their current month's subscription payment.
Aion will become free-to-play for all players from February the 28th in France Germany and the UK.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3