Aion becomes free-to-play next week
NCsoft's big fantasy MMO Aion is set to join the growing ranks of free-to-play MMO titles next week.
The only differences that current Aion players will notice straight away is that the subscription will no longer come out of their bank accounts every month.
Any current subscribers who still have time left to run on their current subscriptions will receive six Aion Coins (the game's premium currency) for every day that is left on their current month's subscription payment.
Aion will become free-to-play for all players from February the 28th in France Germany and the UK.
- Warren Spector lifts the lid on Junction Point's cancelled Half-Life 2 episode
- Ubisoft pledges to match up to 100,000 CAD of donations to aid Far Cry 4's inspiration Nepal recover from the earthquake
- Square Enix shows off their new DirectX 12-powered Luminous Studio engine
- Overkill's The Walking Dead game coming to PC and consoles next year
- Sony to release The Last Of Us DLC Left Behind as a standalone downloadable
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided trailer was a bit violent for Warren Spector's tastes
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC to arrive on Xbox 360 and PlayStation consoles this month
- EA gives a date and time for their 2015 E3 press conference
- Frozen Cortex gets a large free update