PS Vita launches today across the West
In what must be one of the most ambitious hardware launches yet Sony brings its brand new handheld, the PS Vita, to Europe and North America today.
Everything about the PS Vita reeks of ambition. It boasts processing power equivalent to the PlayStation 3, touch control functionality on the front and back of the console, motion control, twin cameras, a microphone, GPS and the option to use 3G as well as Wi-Fi for internet connectivity.
It's available in two flavours, the 3G at 279.99 GBP and the more affordable Wi-Fi model at 229.99 GBP giving players and there are almost 20 games available at launch including Uncharted: Golden Abyss, ModNation Racers and Touch My Katamari.
There are no first-person shooters to take advantage of the Vita's twin thumbsticks but Resistance: Burning Skies is due in May and Sony has revealed Call Of Duty is coming to the Vita in the autumn.
- BioShock Infinite: Complete Edition coming this November
- Final piece of Dark Souls II DLC is delayed, new screenshots released to soothe the pain
- Eden Hazard shows off some of his new skill moves from FIFA 15
- Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass comes with a 2.5D standalone adventure set in China
- Saints Row IV modders create a new weapon skin for the Alien SMG in honour of Steve Jaros' departure
- PlayStation TV gets a release date for Europe and the US
- Driveclub gets a white PS4 hardware bundle
- Sony offering up a free online multiplayer weekend on PS4 this weekend
- Sledgehammer promises a reveal of Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare co-op mode soon