PS Vita launches today across the West
In what must be one of the most ambitious hardware launches yet Sony brings its brand new handheld, the PS Vita, to Europe and North America today.
Everything about the PS Vita reeks of ambition. It boasts processing power equivalent to the PlayStation 3, touch control functionality on the front and back of the console, motion control, twin cameras, a microphone, GPS and the option to use 3G as well as Wi-Fi for internet connectivity.
It's available in two flavours, the 3G at 279.99 GBP and the more affordable Wi-Fi model at 229.99 GBP giving players and there are almost 20 games available at launch including Uncharted: Golden Abyss, ModNation Racers and Touch My Katamari.
There are no first-person shooters to take advantage of the Vita's twin thumbsticks but Resistance: Burning Skies is due in May and Sony has revealed Call Of Duty is coming to the Vita in the autumn.
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO