PS Vita launches today across the West
In what must be one of the most ambitious hardware launches yet Sony brings its brand new handheld, the PS Vita, to Europe and North America today.
Everything about the PS Vita reeks of ambition. It boasts processing power equivalent to the PlayStation 3, touch control functionality on the front and back of the console, motion control, twin cameras, a microphone, GPS and the option to use 3G as well as Wi-Fi for internet connectivity.
It's available in two flavours, the 3G at 279.99 GBP and the more affordable Wi-Fi model at 229.99 GBP giving players and there are almost 20 games available at launch including Uncharted: Golden Abyss, ModNation Racers and Touch My Katamari.
There are no first-person shooters to take advantage of the Vita's twin thumbsticks but Resistance: Burning Skies is due in May and Sony has revealed Call Of Duty is coming to the Vita in the autumn.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone