PS Vita launches today across the West
In what must be one of the most ambitious hardware launches yet Sony brings its brand new handheld, the PS Vita, to Europe and North America today.
Everything about the PS Vita reeks of ambition. It boasts processing power equivalent to the PlayStation 3, touch control functionality on the front and back of the console, motion control, twin cameras, a microphone, GPS and the option to use 3G as well as Wi-Fi for internet connectivity.
It's available in two flavours, the 3G at 279.99 GBP and the more affordable Wi-Fi model at 229.99 GBP giving players and there are almost 20 games available at launch including Uncharted: Golden Abyss, ModNation Racers and Touch My Katamari.
There are no first-person shooters to take advantage of the Vita's twin thumbsticks but Resistance: Burning Skies is due in May and Sony has revealed Call Of Duty is coming to the Vita in the autumn.
- Possible dates for the Steam Summer Sale appear online
- Rise Of The Tomb Raider on Xbox 360 doesn't appear in Square Enix's financials for this year
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week with new gear and rewards
- Titanfall developers Respawn won't be at E3 this year
- Destiny: Xur's location and stock for May 28th
- Destiny's Trials Of Osiris declared a success, Bungie bans cheaters
- FIFA 16 will throw women's teams into the mix
- New The Elder Scrolls Online trailer shows off the expansive world of Tamriel
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new 7-minute gameplay trailer