Borderlands 2 arriving for a new round of loot and shoot in September
Borderlands will return this autumn and it will be "bigger, better and more badass" according to 2K Games.
In a colossal follow-up to Gearbox's hit shooter-RPG, Borderlands 2 features a whole array of new characters, weapons, enemies and a whole range of unique missions over new exotic locations on the planet of Pandora.
The storyline steps away from the hunt for legendary items as players are embroiled in a plot to take down the notorious boss of Hyperion Corporation, Handsome Jack.
Gearbox boss Randy Pitchford said, "Borderlands 2 is a passion project, through and through. The result is a sequel that has improved every successful aspect of Borderlands while innovating with an all-new experience."
Borderlands 2 will be released on the Xbox 360, PS3 and PC on September 18th in North America and September 21st in Europe.
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One