Santa Monica helping Team ICO with The Last Guardian
Sony has begun to spread the work around to help get The Last Guardian finished and out the door.
Santa Monica Studios, usually home to the God Of War series is lending their technical expertise to help Team ICO resolve what Sony Worldwide Studio's boss Shuhei Yoshida has called a "tough and technical issue" with The Last Guardian.
Yoshida explained on the rumours that Santa Monica are helping out with The Last Guardian, "Well, you know, it's not just Santa Monica. We have great tech people in Worldwide Studios. We have a central tech group in the US and the UK so we are giving them whatever help they need. Technically, we have the best engineers in the US and Europe, so these teams are helping them, giving advice."
"The progress is slow and sometimes the team has to go back and review things," Yoshida added. "There's a vision that we want to realize but it's very very tough and technical issue that the team is tackling and some plans have to be made to evaluate and go through the process. At one point the progress was great, so we talked about the timing of the launch in the past. But now its making progress, but still not to the level it's playable, but not to the point that we can talk about the timing of launch."
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light