Santa Monica helping Team ICO with The Last Guardian
Sony has begun to spread the work around to help get The Last Guardian finished and out the door.
Santa Monica Studios, usually home to the God Of War series is lending their technical expertise to help Team ICO resolve what Sony Worldwide Studio's boss Shuhei Yoshida has called a "tough and technical issue" with The Last Guardian.
Yoshida explained on the rumours that Santa Monica are helping out with The Last Guardian, "Well, you know, it's not just Santa Monica. We have great tech people in Worldwide Studios. We have a central tech group in the US and the UK so we are giving them whatever help they need. Technically, we have the best engineers in the US and Europe, so these teams are helping them, giving advice."
"The progress is slow and sometimes the team has to go back and review things," Yoshida added. "There's a vision that we want to realize but it's very very tough and technical issue that the team is tackling and some plans have to be made to evaluate and go through the process. At one point the progress was great, so we talked about the timing of the launch in the past. But now its making progress, but still not to the level it's playable, but not to the point that we can talk about the timing of launch."
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny