Santa Monica helping Team ICO with The Last Guardian
Sony has begun to spread the work around to help get The Last Guardian finished and out the door.
Santa Monica Studios, usually home to the God Of War series is lending their technical expertise to help Team ICO resolve what Sony Worldwide Studio's boss Shuhei Yoshida has called a "tough and technical issue" with The Last Guardian.
Yoshida explained on the rumours that Santa Monica are helping out with The Last Guardian, "Well, you know, it's not just Santa Monica. We have great tech people in Worldwide Studios. We have a central tech group in the US and the UK so we are giving them whatever help they need. Technically, we have the best engineers in the US and Europe, so these teams are helping them, giving advice."
"The progress is slow and sometimes the team has to go back and review things," Yoshida added. "There's a vision that we want to realize but it's very very tough and technical issue that the team is tackling and some plans have to be made to evaluate and go through the process. At one point the progress was great, so we talked about the timing of the launch in the past. But now its making progress, but still not to the level it's playable, but not to the point that we can talk about the timing of launch."
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year