Alan Wake on PC breaks even in 48 hours
The PC release of Remedy's psycho thriller Alan Wake has managed to break even within 48 hours of being released on Steam.
Remedy has revealed that the game has sold so well in the first 48 hours on Steam that they have recouped all the money they spent on development and marketing for the PC version.
"We are very happy with the sales and hitting number one on Steam at launch was nothing short of amazing. We recouped our development and marketing expenses during the first 48 hours. And yes, we're certainly very excited about PC," said Remedy's Aki 'AJ' Jrvilehto.
CEO at Remedy Matias Myllyrinne added, "We made it a priority to create the best PC version of the game we possibly could, as opposed to a sloppy port we ourselves would hate to play, and judging by the amount of encouragement and positive feedback that has been pouring in, that's really paid off! Rest assured that we are still listening to your requests and will maintain efforts to make necessary updates to the build now that it's been released."
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III