Alan Wake on PC breaks even in 48 hours
The PC release of Remedy's psycho thriller Alan Wake has managed to break even within 48 hours of being released on Steam.
Remedy has revealed that the game has sold so well in the first 48 hours on Steam that they have recouped all the money they spent on development and marketing for the PC version.
"We are very happy with the sales and hitting number one on Steam at launch was nothing short of amazing. We recouped our development and marketing expenses during the first 48 hours. And yes, we're certainly very excited about PC," said Remedy's Aki 'AJ' Jrvilehto.
CEO at Remedy Matias Myllyrinne added, "We made it a priority to create the best PC version of the game we possibly could, as opposed to a sloppy port we ourselves would hate to play, and judging by the amount of encouragement and positive feedback that has been pouring in, that's really paid off! Rest assured that we are still listening to your requests and will maintain efforts to make necessary updates to the build now that it's been released."
- FIFA 16 will throw women's teams into the mix
- New The Elder Scrolls Online trailer shows off the expansive world of Tamriel
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new 7-minute gameplay trailer
- Wildstar to go free-to-play later this year
- AMD highlights the benefits DirectX 12 will offer their users
- It could be 2 years before CD Projekt RED talks about Cyberpunk 2077 again
- PS4 remaster of Darksiders II appears on Amazon
- Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes comes to PS Plus next month
- Wii U version of Project CARS may not be released