Alan Wake on PC breaks even in 48 hours
The PC release of Remedy's psycho thriller Alan Wake has managed to break even within 48 hours of being released on Steam.
Remedy has revealed that the game has sold so well in the first 48 hours on Steam that they have recouped all the money they spent on development and marketing for the PC version.
"We are very happy with the sales and hitting number one on Steam at launch was nothing short of amazing. We recouped our development and marketing expenses during the first 48 hours. And yes, we're certainly very excited about PC," said Remedy's Aki 'AJ' Jrvilehto.
CEO at Remedy Matias Myllyrinne added, "We made it a priority to create the best PC version of the game we possibly could, as opposed to a sloppy port we ourselves would hate to play, and judging by the amount of encouragement and positive feedback that has been pouring in, that's really paid off! Rest assured that we are still listening to your requests and will maintain efforts to make necessary updates to the build now that it's been released."
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey