Alan Wake on PC breaks even in 48 hours
The PC release of Remedy's psycho thriller Alan Wake has managed to break even within 48 hours of being released on Steam.
Remedy has revealed that the game has sold so well in the first 48 hours on Steam that they have recouped all the money they spent on development and marketing for the PC version.
"We are very happy with the sales and hitting number one on Steam at launch was nothing short of amazing. We recouped our development and marketing expenses during the first 48 hours. And yes, we're certainly very excited about PC," said Remedy's Aki 'AJ' Jrvilehto.
CEO at Remedy Matias Myllyrinne added, "We made it a priority to create the best PC version of the game we possibly could, as opposed to a sloppy port we ourselves would hate to play, and judging by the amount of encouragement and positive feedback that has been pouring in, that's really paid off! Rest assured that we are still listening to your requests and will maintain efforts to make necessary updates to the build now that it's been released."
- Dark Souls 2 could see a fourth pack of DLC released
- Far Cry 4 is all about player choice, has five endings
- Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare PC system specifications announced
- Evolution adds more multiplayer events to Driveclub as they continue to work on the game's server issues
- Rockstar announces a San Andreas 10th Anniversary event this weekend for GTA Online
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round gets a release date
- Unfinished Swan to hit the PS4 and PS Vita next week
- Gamersgate.com CEO emphasizes that they have nothing to do with #Gamergate
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update