Retro City Rampage coming to PS3 and PS Vita
Sony has revealed that Brian Provinciano's 1980s retro mash-up title Retro City Rampage will be coming to PSN.
Retro City Rampage has already been revealed for release on WiiWare and XBLA and now Sony has taken a leap and added the title to it's growing library of PSN titles that will be available for the PS3 and PS Vita.
The game itself is a free-roaming title that nods its head to GTA as well as a whole host of 1980s classic titles cramming a whole bunch of different mechanics including platforming, adventure and even some rhythm sections into the story mode's 50 missions.
There will also be an arcade mode to the game allowing players to wreak absolute havoc across Retro City and even compete with friends to see who can cause the most chaos.
Provinciano even praised the PS Vita itself confirming Sony's claims that it is their easiest platform to develop for yet. He said, "The PS Vita has been a dream to develop for as well. Ive developed for every console and handheld from the past decade, and the PS Vitas development system is the best Ive ever used. Sonys simply gotten everything right, from the hardware to the tools and support. With such a great development system, teams are able to focus entirely on making the best possible game, and I cant wait to see whats to come from other developers in the future."
Thanks PlayStation Blog Europe.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3