Sony reveals some more PS Vita PS3 cross platform details
Sony has taken a leaf out of Valve's book for the launch of the PS Vita in relation to PSN titles available for both the new handheld and the PS3.
Wipeout 2048, MotorStorm RC, Top Darts and Hustle Kings will all be available for both the PS3 and PS Vita and Sony has decided that they will allow anyone who buys these games to use them on both machines without having to buy them twice.
This will also apply to the Wipeout HD and Fury HD DLC for Wipeout 2048 and The Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 DLC. All of the titles mentioned will also feature cross-platform play allowing Vita gamers and PS3 gamers to go head to head.
These new features are very similar to those offered on Steam to Mac and PC gamers with gamers requiring only one purchase to own both Mac and PC versions of games and this was even extended to the PS3 with the release of Portal 2.
The PS Vita is set to hit stores in North America and Europe on February the 22nd.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone