Talking of PS4 would just be a distraction says Tretton
Sony's Jack Tretton has again been trying to diffuse any talk of a PS4 reveal in 2012.
Tretton stressed that as well as remaining extremely focused on the PS3 they also have the PS Vita to nurture through its launch year.
He began, "In terms of when you talk about [the next generation] and when you announce it, it really depends on the health of the existing platform and the other things you have going on. And right now, we're focused on PlayStation 3, and I've got another platform (PlayStation Vita) to get out the door in seven days, so I don't want to be thinking about trying to launch new technology anytime soon."
"I want to focus all our energy on our console business," he continued, "which is really just hitting its stride, and Vita, which really deserves a dedicated push from us. I, quite frankly, would be very distracted if I had to be talking about next generation hardware this year."
With the PS Vita launching next week in Europe and North America it seems pretty reasonable that Sony might want to quell any talk of another new piece of hardware until they've had a chance to establish the Vita as a viable gaming platform.
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network
- New 2-on-2 mode lands in Destiny's Crucible
- Second Life Is Strange developer diaries arrives, Reddit AMA planned for next week
- Destiny's Crota's End Raid beaten in 27 minutes on Hard Mode
- Techland to show off Dying Light's asymmetric multiplayer Be A Zombie mode tomorrow
- You won't need a new graphics card in order to use DirectX 12
- Dying Light physical launch outside North America coming end of February with free DLC for all
- Telltale's Game Of Thrones Episode 2 coming at the beginning of next month
- Sony unveils special edition Bloodborne PS4s for Japan