Talking of PS4 would just be a distraction says Tretton
Sony's Jack Tretton has again been trying to diffuse any talk of a PS4 reveal in 2012.
Tretton stressed that as well as remaining extremely focused on the PS3 they also have the PS Vita to nurture through its launch year.
He began, "In terms of when you talk about [the next generation] and when you announce it, it really depends on the health of the existing platform and the other things you have going on. And right now, we're focused on PlayStation 3, and I've got another platform (PlayStation Vita) to get out the door in seven days, so I don't want to be thinking about trying to launch new technology anytime soon."
"I want to focus all our energy on our console business," he continued, "which is really just hitting its stride, and Vita, which really deserves a dedicated push from us. I, quite frankly, would be very distracted if I had to be talking about next generation hardware this year."
With the PS Vita launching next week in Europe and North America it seems pretty reasonable that Sony might want to quell any talk of another new piece of hardware until they've had a chance to establish the Vita as a viable gaming platform.
- OlliOlli 2 devs Roll7 troll the game's Twitter critics
- DayZ creator teams up with Improbable to make the game worlds he's always wanted
- Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster coming to the PS4 in the summer
- [Update] Possible March PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up appears on NeoGAF
- Trading gold for subscriptions coming soon to World Of Warcraft
- Unity 5 arrives completely free
- Mad Max gets slated for a September release
- Console ports of Gone Home have been shelved by Fullbright
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain release date leaked, getting an autumn release