Talking of PS4 would just be a distraction says Tretton
Sony's Jack Tretton has again been trying to diffuse any talk of a PS4 reveal in 2012.
Tretton stressed that as well as remaining extremely focused on the PS3 they also have the PS Vita to nurture through its launch year.
He began, "In terms of when you talk about [the next generation] and when you announce it, it really depends on the health of the existing platform and the other things you have going on. And right now, we're focused on PlayStation 3, and I've got another platform (PlayStation Vita) to get out the door in seven days, so I don't want to be thinking about trying to launch new technology anytime soon."
"I want to focus all our energy on our console business," he continued, "which is really just hitting its stride, and Vita, which really deserves a dedicated push from us. I, quite frankly, would be very distracted if I had to be talking about next generation hardware this year."
With the PS Vita launching next week in Europe and North America it seems pretty reasonable that Sony might want to quell any talk of another new piece of hardware until they've had a chance to establish the Vita as a viable gaming platform.
- EA to unveil Star Wars: Battlefront later on this month
- No 2015 launch for Zelda Wii U after all
- Konami continues to purge all references to Hideo Kojima with Silent Hills and Zone Of The Enders
- New Gears Of War title is Xbox One only
- Sony closes the door on PlayStation Home on last time
- StarCraft II: Legacy Of The Void beta invites go out today
- Final Fantasy XIV's first expansion Heavensward will launch in June
- Sony gives the full PS Plus line-up for April
- Before The Fall patch arrives for Final Fantasy XIV today