Talking of PS4 would just be a distraction says Tretton
Sony's Jack Tretton has again been trying to diffuse any talk of a PS4 reveal in 2012.
Tretton stressed that as well as remaining extremely focused on the PS3 they also have the PS Vita to nurture through its launch year.
He began, "In terms of when you talk about [the next generation] and when you announce it, it really depends on the health of the existing platform and the other things you have going on. And right now, we're focused on PlayStation 3, and I've got another platform (PlayStation Vita) to get out the door in seven days, so I don't want to be thinking about trying to launch new technology anytime soon."
"I want to focus all our energy on our console business," he continued, "which is really just hitting its stride, and Vita, which really deserves a dedicated push from us. I, quite frankly, would be very distracted if I had to be talking about next generation hardware this year."
With the PS Vita launching next week in Europe and North America it seems pretty reasonable that Sony might want to quell any talk of another new piece of hardware until they've had a chance to establish the Vita as a viable gaming platform.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer