Apparently Durango is the codename for the next Xbox
The games industry is filled with goofy codenames for games and consoles that are in secret development.
The N64's codename was Dolphin and the Dreamcast's codename was Katana. Then there was Project Natal which morphed into the Kinect that we all know and love.
Now it appears that we have learned the codename for Microsoft's next generation of Xbox and it is seemingly called Durango.
As Kotaku pointed out when they revealed the news, Microsoft seems to have developed a fascination for South and Central America in their project names with Natal being a city in Brazil and Durango being the name of a state in Mexico. What is the codename for Windows 8? Chihuahua perhaps?
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3