Apparently Durango is the codename for the next Xbox
The games industry is filled with goofy codenames for games and consoles that are in secret development.
The N64's codename was Dolphin and the Dreamcast's codename was Katana. Then there was Project Natal which morphed into the Kinect that we all know and love.
Now it appears that we have learned the codename for Microsoft's next generation of Xbox and it is seemingly called Durango.
As Kotaku pointed out when they revealed the news, Microsoft seems to have developed a fascination for South and Central America in their project names with Natal being a city in Brazil and Durango being the name of a state in Mexico. What is the codename for Windows 8? Chihuahua perhaps?
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto