Apparently Durango is the codename for the next Xbox
The games industry is filled with goofy codenames for games and consoles that are in secret development.
The N64's codename was Dolphin and the Dreamcast's codename was Katana. Then there was Project Natal which morphed into the Kinect that we all know and love.
Now it appears that we have learned the codename for Microsoft's next generation of Xbox and it is seemingly called Durango.
As Kotaku pointed out when they revealed the news, Microsoft seems to have developed a fascination for South and Central America in their project names with Natal being a city in Brazil and Durango being the name of a state in Mexico. What is the codename for Windows 8? Chihuahua perhaps?
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date