Apparently Durango is the codename for the next Xbox
The games industry is filled with goofy codenames for games and consoles that are in secret development.
The N64's codename was Dolphin and the Dreamcast's codename was Katana. Then there was Project Natal which morphed into the Kinect that we all know and love.
Now it appears that we have learned the codename for Microsoft's next generation of Xbox and it is seemingly called Durango.
As Kotaku pointed out when they revealed the news, Microsoft seems to have developed a fascination for South and Central America in their project names with Natal being a city in Brazil and Durango being the name of a state in Mexico. What is the codename for Windows 8? Chihuahua perhaps?
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone