Apparently Durango is the codename for the next Xbox
The games industry is filled with goofy codenames for games and consoles that are in secret development.
The N64's codename was Dolphin and the Dreamcast's codename was Katana. Then there was Project Natal which morphed into the Kinect that we all know and love.
Now it appears that we have learned the codename for Microsoft's next generation of Xbox and it is seemingly called Durango.
As Kotaku pointed out when they revealed the news, Microsoft seems to have developed a fascination for South and Central America in their project names with Natal being a city in Brazil and Durango being the name of a state in Mexico. What is the codename for Windows 8? Chihuahua perhaps?
- Gamersgate.com CEO emphasizes that they have nothing to do with #Gamergame
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense