Team Ninja boss wants a Dead Or Alive crossover with Virtua Fighter
The head of Team Ninja, Yosuke Hayashi, has been inspired by Street Fighter X Tekken to think about doing their own crossover title their Dead Or Alive fighting series.
Hayashi highlighted SEGA's Virtua Fighter series as the perfect IP for a crossover with Dead Or Alive as well as being his personal favourite.
"In terms of collaboration titles," said Hayashi in an interview, "there are staff on our team who just love fighting games and if there was any chance to do that we'd actively, possibly do that."
He added, "The first 3D game I played was Virtua Fighter, that's the IP I respect most. Virtua Fighter was the father of 3D gaming, so it's very well respected."
Thanks Edge Online.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer