Team Ninja boss wants a Dead Or Alive crossover with Virtua Fighter
The head of Team Ninja, Yosuke Hayashi, has been inspired by Street Fighter X Tekken to think about doing their own crossover title their Dead Or Alive fighting series.
Hayashi highlighted SEGA's Virtua Fighter series as the perfect IP for a crossover with Dead Or Alive as well as being his personal favourite.
"In terms of collaboration titles," said Hayashi in an interview, "there are staff on our team who just love fighting games and if there was any chance to do that we'd actively, possibly do that."
He added, "The first 3D game I played was Virtua Fighter, that's the IP I respect most. Virtua Fighter was the father of 3D gaming, so it's very well respected."
Thanks Edge Online.
- Shadow Of Mordor: Game Of The Year Edition hits retail this week
- Wolfenstein: The Old Blood arrives today
- Bungie and CCP run their own campaigns to aid the earthquake survivors of Nepal
- Warren Spector lifts the lid on Junction Point's cancelled Half-Life 2 episode
- Ubisoft pledges to match up to 100,000 CAD of donations to aid Far Cry 4's inspiration Nepal recover from the earthquake
- Square Enix shows off their new DirectX 12-powered Luminous Studio engine
- Overkill's The Walking Dead game coming to PC and consoles next year
- Sony to release The Last Of Us DLC Left Behind as a standalone downloadable
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided trailer was a bit violent for Warren Spector's tastes