Team Ninja boss wants a Dead Or Alive crossover with Virtua Fighter
The head of Team Ninja, Yosuke Hayashi, has been inspired by Street Fighter X Tekken to think about doing their own crossover title their Dead Or Alive fighting series.
Hayashi highlighted SEGA's Virtua Fighter series as the perfect IP for a crossover with Dead Or Alive as well as being his personal favourite.
"In terms of collaboration titles," said Hayashi in an interview, "there are staff on our team who just love fighting games and if there was any chance to do that we'd actively, possibly do that."
He added, "The first 3D game I played was Virtua Fighter, that's the IP I respect most. Virtua Fighter was the father of 3D gaming, so it's very well respected."
Thanks Edge Online.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title