Team Ninja boss wants a Dead Or Alive crossover with Virtua Fighter
The head of Team Ninja, Yosuke Hayashi, has been inspired by Street Fighter X Tekken to think about doing their own crossover title their Dead Or Alive fighting series.
Hayashi highlighted SEGA's Virtua Fighter series as the perfect IP for a crossover with Dead Or Alive as well as being his personal favourite.
"In terms of collaboration titles," said Hayashi in an interview, "there are staff on our team who just love fighting games and if there was any chance to do that we'd actively, possibly do that."
He added, "The first 3D game I played was Virtua Fighter, that's the IP I respect most. Virtua Fighter was the father of 3D gaming, so it's very well respected."
Thanks Edge Online.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3