GTA V details due in a few months says Rockstar
While Rockstar may have more important things on their plate at the moment like getting Max Payne 3 ready for release but they want fans to know that they haven't forgotten about GTA V.
The teaser trailer released at the tail end of last year has thoroughly caught the imagination of series fans and now Rockstar has promised that the next few months will see them announce more details on the long awaited sequel.
They said in a Q&A session for Max Payne, "First of all, we'd like to again thank you and everyone out there for the amazing response to the debut Grand Theft Auto V trailer. We know that there are a ton of questions you all have about the game, including release date and lots else. Right now, we are very hard at work on the game and are excited as well to show and tell you more as development progresses - expect that we'll be talking much more about GTA V starting at some point in a few months' time. Please hang tight until then and thank you all for your patience and support!"
Based on Rockstar's recent form GTA V would probably be released between March and May of 2013 although many analysts expect the title to make the Christmas releases for 2012. For now though they are concentrating on Max Payne 3 which is due for release in May.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year