Obsidian also looking at using Kickstarter for funding
Obsidian, the team behind Alpha Protocol and Fallout: New Vegas is considering the prospect of using Kickstarter to help fund a project.
The amazing success of Double Fine's Kickstarter project Obsidian's Chris Avellone asked the if fans would want to see an Obsidian project on Kickstarter on Twitter receiving as much as 1000 hits every second according to the microblogging social network.
Double Fine managed to secure three times their required budget of 400,000 USD withing 24 hours of launching their Kickstarter campaign.
Obsidian are taking suggestions from fans over what they would like to see out of a potential Kickstarter-funded projects over Twitter and their official forums.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Wii U version of Project CARS may not be released
- Diversity and gay romance didn't hurt sales says BioWare's David Gaider
- Microsoft accidentally leaks a “placeholder” release date for Halo: ODST remaster
- Shipment of copies of Splatoon robbed en-route to the UK
- Mortal Kombat X not coming to PS3 and Xbox 360 in June
- Spiders' The Technomancer to debut at E3
- Dirty Bomb open beta is coming next month
- Ubisoft now emailing players to encourage them to finish their games
- Supremacy, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's next DLC coming to Xbox next month with added Bruce Campbell