Obsidian also looking at using Kickstarter for funding
Obsidian, the team behind Alpha Protocol and Fallout: New Vegas is considering the prospect of using Kickstarter to help fund a project.
The amazing success of Double Fine's Kickstarter project Obsidian's Chris Avellone asked the if fans would want to see an Obsidian project on Kickstarter on Twitter receiving as much as 1000 hits every second according to the microblogging social network.
Double Fine managed to secure three times their required budget of 400,000 USD withing 24 hours of launching their Kickstarter campaign.
Obsidian are taking suggestions from fans over what they would like to see out of a potential Kickstarter-funded projects over Twitter and their official forums.
Thanks Develop Online.
- New Destiny trailer teases interesting new stuff coming with The Dark Below
- Geometry Wars 3 hits PC today, consoles tomorrow
- Retail listing for ZombiU 2 spotted
- 343 admits last week's Halo: The Master Chief Collection patch didn't work as well as they'd hoped, promises to keep working
- Dark Souls II is heading to PS4, Xbox One and DirectX 11 PC next year
- Square Enix boss promises a brand new console RPG reveal next month
- Ubisoft reveals there will be no release day reviews for The Crew
- Surprise! Tales From The Borderlands episode one is out today
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent