Obsidian also looking at using Kickstarter for funding
Obsidian, the team behind Alpha Protocol and Fallout: New Vegas is considering the prospect of using Kickstarter to help fund a project.
The amazing success of Double Fine's Kickstarter project Obsidian's Chris Avellone asked the if fans would want to see an Obsidian project on Kickstarter on Twitter receiving as much as 1000 hits every second according to the microblogging social network.
Double Fine managed to secure three times their required budget of 400,000 USD withing 24 hours of launching their Kickstarter campaign.
Obsidian are taking suggestions from fans over what they would like to see out of a potential Kickstarter-funded projects over Twitter and their official forums.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year