Sony adds more features to the PS Vita ahead of Western launch
Sony has included a raft of new features in version 1.6 of the PS Vita firmware update that launches this week in Japan.
Firmware 1.6 adds a new Google Map's style navigation app called Map to the PS Vita's home screen helping Vita users take advantage of it's GPS capabilities to avoid getting lost in the real world.
It also enables the video recording capabilities of the Vita's cameras and adds a Mac version of the PlayStation Content Manager software that was previously only available on the for the PC.
The final change is purely cosmetic as it erases all reference to PSN in favour of its new name, the Sony Entertainment Network.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny