Sony adds more features to the PS Vita ahead of Western launch
Sony has included a raft of new features in version 1.6 of the PS Vita firmware update that launches this week in Japan.
Firmware 1.6 adds a new Google Map's style navigation app called Map to the PS Vita's home screen helping Vita users take advantage of it's GPS capabilities to avoid getting lost in the real world.
It also enables the video recording capabilities of the Vita's cameras and adds a Mac version of the PlayStation Content Manager software that was previously only available on the for the PC.
The final change is purely cosmetic as it erases all reference to PSN in favour of its new name, the Sony Entertainment Network.
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 may be coming to the PS Vita
- Destiny gets its first raid today, the Vault Of Glass
- Assassin's Creed: Unity co-op trailer arrives
- Lukewarm Destiny reviews could cost Bungie 2.5 million USD
- Borderlands multiplayer comes back to life on Steam
- Saints Row creative director Steve Jaros announces he's off to join Valve
- We want to rebuild a player-first culture says EA CEO Andrew Wilson
- WWE 2K15 gets delayed on next-gen
- Playground to add eight new cars to Forza Horizon 2 on launch day, VIP and Car pass details announced