Sony adds more features to the PS Vita ahead of Western launch
Sony has included a raft of new features in version 1.6 of the PS Vita firmware update that launches this week in Japan.
Firmware 1.6 adds a new Google Map's style navigation app called Map to the PS Vita's home screen helping Vita users take advantage of it's GPS capabilities to avoid getting lost in the real world.
It also enables the video recording capabilities of the Vita's cameras and adds a Mac version of the PlayStation Content Manager software that was previously only available on the for the PC.
The final change is purely cosmetic as it erases all reference to PSN in favour of its new name, the Sony Entertainment Network.
- Peter Molyneux: “There is a brilliant game there in Godus that is going to bring people together”
- FIFA Ultimate Team cheaters be warned EA Sports is coming for you
- #welovegamedevs Twitter campaign appears as an antidote to this week's unpleasantness
- No branching narratives for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Spa hotlap video arrives for F1 2014
- Phil Fish puts Polytron and Fez up for sale and quits Twitter after multiple hacks
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday
- Warframe update 14 hits PS4 as it closes in on 10 million registered users