Sony adds more features to the PS Vita ahead of Western launch
Sony has included a raft of new features in version 1.6 of the PS Vita firmware update that launches this week in Japan.
Firmware 1.6 adds a new Google Map's style navigation app called Map to the PS Vita's home screen helping Vita users take advantage of it's GPS capabilities to avoid getting lost in the real world.
It also enables the video recording capabilities of the Vita's cameras and adds a Mac version of the PlayStation Content Manager software that was previously only available on the for the PC.
The final change is purely cosmetic as it erases all reference to PSN in favour of its new name, the Sony Entertainment Network.
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date