OutRun 2 official
Following on from their announcement of a brand new Worms outing, Sega Europe today confirmed a full sequel to the retro OutRun arcade classic. OutRun 2 will be fully unveiled at E3 next month, and is being created exclusively for the Xbox. The network mode will be on display at the expo, and will support up to four players. Many improvements and changes are expected over the AM2-developed original, for so long an arcade favourite.
The UK's Sumo Digital are in charge of the update, and a vastly improved single player game is promised with a new mission-mode, Xbox Live support has also been tabled, and unlockable content is expected.
Sega's Matthew Woodley enthused "OutRun2 is one of our most exciting games this year, and after months of speculation, we're delighted to be able to announce its development for Xbox. OutRun is an all-time classic, and OutRun2 is perfectly positioned to build on this legacy and capture a big share of the racing game market. The title delivers a unique driving experience, which we are confident gamers will find hard to resist. The game is looking amazing on Xbox and we're extremely proud to be able to showcase it at this year's E3."
More on the new OutRun as we get it.
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4
- Shadow Of Mordor's Lord Of The Hunt DLC detailed
- November's Games With Gold line-up is smashing... literally
- RedBedlam adds more content to the Steam Early Access version of their novel/game crossover Bedlam
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed
- New PC patch for The Evil Within unlocks 60fps for machines that can handle it
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes