OutRun 2 official
Following on from their announcement of a brand new Worms outing, Sega Europe today confirmed a full sequel to the retro OutRun arcade classic. OutRun 2 will be fully unveiled at E3 next month, and is being created exclusively for the Xbox. The network mode will be on display at the expo, and will support up to four players. Many improvements and changes are expected over the AM2-developed original, for so long an arcade favourite.
The UK's Sumo Digital are in charge of the update, and a vastly improved single player game is promised with a new mission-mode, Xbox Live support has also been tabled, and unlockable content is expected.
Sega's Matthew Woodley enthused "OutRun2 is one of our most exciting games this year, and after months of speculation, we're delighted to be able to announce its development for Xbox. OutRun is an all-time classic, and OutRun2 is perfectly positioned to build on this legacy and capture a big share of the racing game market. The title delivers a unique driving experience, which we are confident gamers will find hard to resist. The game is looking amazing on Xbox and we're extremely proud to be able to showcase it at this year's E3."
More on the new OutRun as we get it.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title