OutRun 2 official
Following on from their announcement of a brand new Worms outing, Sega Europe today confirmed a full sequel to the retro OutRun arcade classic. OutRun 2 will be fully unveiled at E3 next month, and is being created exclusively for the Xbox. The network mode will be on display at the expo, and will support up to four players. Many improvements and changes are expected over the AM2-developed original, for so long an arcade favourite.
The UK's Sumo Digital are in charge of the update, and a vastly improved single player game is promised with a new mission-mode, Xbox Live support has also been tabled, and unlockable content is expected.
Sega's Matthew Woodley enthused "OutRun2 is one of our most exciting games this year, and after months of speculation, we're delighted to be able to announce its development for Xbox. OutRun is an all-time classic, and OutRun2 is perfectly positioned to build on this legacy and capture a big share of the racing game market. The title delivers a unique driving experience, which we are confident gamers will find hard to resist. The game is looking amazing on Xbox and we're extremely proud to be able to showcase it at this year's E3."
More on the new OutRun as we get it.
- Techland announces a Dying Light modding contest alongside new updates for the toolset
- 2K announces the Evolve Proving Grounds tournament in conjunction with ESL
- Broken Age: Part 2 arrives for backers 24 hours ahead of the full launch
- Halo Championship Series Cup 1 cancelled due to continued online problems
- Dirt Rally announced as a PC exclusive, hits Steam Early Access
- PC benchmarking app arrives for Final Fantasy XIV players to make sure they can run Heavensward
- [UPDATE] Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro collaboration Silent Hills looks like it has been canned
- Gears Of War Xbox One remaster looks like it's coming
- Batman: Arkham Knight will have GTA V-style character switching