Origin and Star Wars: The Old Republic do well for EA in 2011
Towards the end of 2011 Origin and the launch of Star Wars: The Old Republic kept EA looking pretty healthy for this financial year.
Origin, EA's rival service to Steam managed to rack up 100 million USD in sales for EA from 9.3 million customers. This may not quite be the 40 million customers that Steam sees but it is an impressive start for EA's fledgling digital service.
Star Wars: The Old Republic didn't do too shabbily either selling 2 million copies since launch just before Christmas. More importantly, it hasn't lost too many of those customers yet with 1.7 million active subscribers and more joining all the time.
That's not all for EA in this financial year as they have still to launch Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (due next week), Syndicate (which arrives at the end of February) and the game everyone has been waiting for, Mass Effect 3 (which is ready to drop in the first full week in March).
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light