343 to take over all Halo responsibilities from Bungie next month
Bungie will be saying a final farewell to the Halo series as they hand over the last vestiges of online data to 343 Industries next month.
343 Industries have already had their first stab at the Halo series with their entertaining remastering of Halo: Combat Evolved and they are currently working on Halo 4 which will probably arrive in the autumn of this year.
This last action by Bungie will see all responsibilities for the Halo series resting in the hands of 343. Bungie has promised that all the data they have made available on Bungie.net will still be available as long as the servers are still functioning.
Bungie stated, "Thanks for making the Halo-era version of Bungie.net more successful than we could have possibly imagined. You complete us. See you starside."
- Elite devs Frontier lays off staff and effectively closes their Canadian studio
- Monstrum system specs announced
- Ever wonder what a week's worth of internet abuse looks like for Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian?
- The Witness's puzzles are finished but there is still plenty of work to be done on the game
- Dragon's Dogma Online announced for release in Japan
- Life Is Strange episodes will release six weeks apart
- Reptile is returning in Mortal Kombat X
- New Xbox One Controller firmware update will cut the connection time in half
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week