343 to take over all Halo responsibilities from Bungie next month
Bungie will be saying a final farewell to the Halo series as they hand over the last vestiges of online data to 343 Industries next month.
343 Industries have already had their first stab at the Halo series with their entertaining remastering of Halo: Combat Evolved and they are currently working on Halo 4 which will probably arrive in the autumn of this year.
This last action by Bungie will see all responsibilities for the Halo series resting in the hands of 343. Bungie has promised that all the data they have made available on Bungie.net will still be available as long as the servers are still functioning.
Bungie stated, "Thanks for making the Halo-era version of Bungie.net more successful than we could have possibly imagined. You complete us. See you starside."
- Steam is awesome this weekend, Borderlands 2 and Dishonored freeplay and a massive 2K sale
- Peter Molyneux: “There is a brilliant game there in Godus that is going to bring people together”
- FIFA Ultimate Team cheaters be warned EA Sports is coming for you
- #welovegamedevs Twitter campaign appears as an antidote to this week's unpleasantness
- No branching narratives for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Spa hotlap video arrives for F1 2014
- Phil Fish puts Polytron and Fez up for sale and quits Twitter after multiple hacks
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday