Kaz Hirai is not the new Sony CEO? Actually, he is
Last month, it was rumoured that Kaz Hirai had been named as successor to Howard Stringer as the CEO and president of Sony. These rumours were vehemently denied.
Today Sony has named Kaz Hirai as the new CEO and president of the company effective from the 1st of April.
Stringer said of his successor, "Kaz is a globally focused executive for whom technology and the cloud are familiar territory, content is highly valued, and digital transformation is second nature. I believe his tough-mindedness and leadership skills will be of great benefit to the company and its customers in the months and years ahead. I look forward to helping Kaz in every way I can so that succession leads inevitably to success. It was my honor to recommend him to the Board for the positions of president and CEO, because he is ready to lead, and the time to make this change is now."
Hirai's appointment should signal interesting times for Sony especially on the PlayStation front given the long time he spent with Sony Computer Entertainment.
- IGDA Board Of Directors calls for the community to rally against attacks, threats and harassment of developers
- Square Enix reveals what they've added in Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX in the latest trailer
- New Lords Of The Fallen trailer introduces the game world and soundtrack
- Jonathan Blow responds to the last couple of weeks nastiness in his own honest fashion
- Apple holding a press event on September 9th, likely for iPhone announcement
- Have you ever wondered what Dark Souls would look like as a 2D platformer?
- Microsoft announces a release date for Forza Horizon 2 demo
- Assassin's Creed: Unity release pushed back
- GOG adds DRM-free movies to it's catalogue