PS4 announcement will come last says Sony
Sony's French PlayStation boss, Phillipe Cardon, has been downplaying the possibility of an announcement on the PS4 this year.
Even with all the rumours flying around Cardon explained that there was nothing he could comment on. He did say that they were the last to launch hardware in this generation and the PS4 would probably be announced after Microsoft play their next-gen hand.
Cardon said, "It's true that there are a lot of rumours, but I can't tell you anything. The Wii is under time pressure because it's in decline. As far as we're concerned, we're under a lot less pressure. We were the last to release the PS3, we will probably be the last to announce something."
It is probably safe to assume that Sony will be avoiding saying anything on their next generation of home hardware in 2012 to make sure that they don't overshadow the PS Vita in its launch year.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year