PS4 announcement will come last says Sony
Sony's French PlayStation boss, Phillipe Cardon, has been downplaying the possibility of an announcement on the PS4 this year.
Even with all the rumours flying around Cardon explained that there was nothing he could comment on. He did say that they were the last to launch hardware in this generation and the PS4 would probably be announced after Microsoft play their next-gen hand.
Cardon said, "It's true that there are a lot of rumours, but I can't tell you anything. The Wii is under time pressure because it's in decline. As far as we're concerned, we're under a lot less pressure. We were the last to release the PS3, we will probably be the last to announce something."
It is probably safe to assume that Sony will be avoiding saying anything on their next generation of home hardware in 2012 to make sure that they don't overshadow the PS Vita in its launch year.
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter