PS4 announcement will come last says Sony
Sony's French PlayStation boss, Phillipe Cardon, has been downplaying the possibility of an announcement on the PS4 this year.
Even with all the rumours flying around Cardon explained that there was nothing he could comment on. He did say that they were the last to launch hardware in this generation and the PS4 would probably be announced after Microsoft play their next-gen hand.
Cardon said, "It's true that there are a lot of rumours, but I can't tell you anything. The Wii is under time pressure because it's in decline. As far as we're concerned, we're under a lot less pressure. We were the last to release the PS3, we will probably be the last to announce something."
It is probably safe to assume that Sony will be avoiding saying anything on their next generation of home hardware in 2012 to make sure that they don't overshadow the PS Vita in its launch year.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto