PS4 announcement will come last says Sony
Sony's French PlayStation boss, Phillipe Cardon, has been downplaying the possibility of an announcement on the PS4 this year.
Even with all the rumours flying around Cardon explained that there was nothing he could comment on. He did say that they were the last to launch hardware in this generation and the PS4 would probably be announced after Microsoft play their next-gen hand.
Cardon said, "It's true that there are a lot of rumours, but I can't tell you anything. The Wii is under time pressure because it's in decline. As far as we're concerned, we're under a lot less pressure. We were the last to release the PS3, we will probably be the last to announce something."
It is probably safe to assume that Sony will be avoiding saying anything on their next generation of home hardware in 2012 to make sure that they don't overshadow the PS Vita in its launch year.
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO