PS4 announcement will come last says Sony
Sony's French PlayStation boss, Phillipe Cardon, has been downplaying the possibility of an announcement on the PS4 this year.
Even with all the rumours flying around Cardon explained that there was nothing he could comment on. He did say that they were the last to launch hardware in this generation and the PS4 would probably be announced after Microsoft play their next-gen hand.
Cardon said, "It's true that there are a lot of rumours, but I can't tell you anything. The Wii is under time pressure because it's in decline. As far as we're concerned, we're under a lot less pressure. We were the last to release the PS3, we will probably be the last to announce something."
It is probably safe to assume that Sony will be avoiding saying anything on their next generation of home hardware in 2012 to make sure that they don't overshadow the PS Vita in its launch year.
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network
- New 2-on-2 mode lands in Destiny's Crucible
- Second Life Is Strange developer diaries arrives, Reddit AMA planned for next week
- Destiny's Crota's End Raid beaten in 27 minutes on Hard Mode
- Techland to show off Dying Light's asymmetric multiplayer Be A Zombie mode tomorrow
- You won't need a new graphics card in order to use DirectX 12
- Dying Light physical launch outside North America coming end of February with free DLC for all
- Telltale's Game Of Thrones Episode 2 coming at the beginning of next month
- Sony unveils special edition Bloodborne PS4s for Japan