From Dust is the top grossing XBLA game of 2011
Eric Chahi's god sim From Dust has managed to take an impressive amount of money since it launched last summer.
In estimated digital download figures from analytical firm FADE, From Dust matched Castle Crashers for 2011 gross sales at 4.6 million USD. Having only been on sale for part 2011 this makes From Dust the biggest grossing XBLA title of 2011.
Despite taking the most money and shifting an estimated 308,000 copies it only landed fourth in the charts with Full House Poker topping the charts with 375,000 estimated units sold.
Castle Crashers came in second with 335,000 copies sold and Australian studio Halfbrick's Kinect enabled Fruit Ninja was third selling 324,000 copies.
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch