From Dust is the top grossing XBLA game of 2011
Eric Chahi's god sim From Dust has managed to take an impressive amount of money since it launched last summer.
In estimated digital download figures from analytical firm FADE, From Dust matched Castle Crashers for 2011 gross sales at 4.6 million USD. Having only been on sale for part 2011 this makes From Dust the biggest grossing XBLA title of 2011.
Despite taking the most money and shifting an estimated 308,000 copies it only landed fourth in the charts with Full House Poker topping the charts with 375,000 estimated units sold.
Castle Crashers came in second with 335,000 copies sold and Australian studio Halfbrick's Kinect enabled Fruit Ninja was third selling 324,000 copies.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3