From Dust is the top grossing XBLA game of 2011
Eric Chahi's god sim From Dust has managed to take an impressive amount of money since it launched last summer.
In estimated digital download figures from analytical firm FADE, From Dust matched Castle Crashers for 2011 gross sales at 4.6 million USD. Having only been on sale for part 2011 this makes From Dust the biggest grossing XBLA title of 2011.
Despite taking the most money and shifting an estimated 308,000 copies it only landed fourth in the charts with Full House Poker topping the charts with 375,000 estimated units sold.
Castle Crashers came in second with 335,000 copies sold and Australian studio Halfbrick's Kinect enabled Fruit Ninja was third selling 324,000 copies.
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week
- New Heart Of Thorns expansion announced for Guild Wars 2
- Wikipedia arbitration committee bans five feminist editors from commenting on feminist articles over GamerGate
- Ubisoft in the process of deleting game keys fraudulently-acquired by resellers from UPlay
- Gearbox is now recruiting for developers to work on Borderlands 3
- DayZ passes the 3 million sales mark on Steam Early Access
- Planetside 2 sets a new Guinness World Record for the most players in an online FPS game
- Homeworld remasters look stunning, will be released next month
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network