No BlizzCon for 2012
The planet may stop spinning with this news but Blizzard has confirmed that there will be no BlizzCon in 2012.
The reason? Blizzard has explained that they are focussing all of their energies on the development of Diablo III, StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm and the next World of Warcraft expansion The Mists of Pandaria.
A company statement was posted on the Battle.net blog saying: "Blizzard Entertainment is proud to announce the 2012 Battle.net World Championship, a major global eSports event featuring some of the best pro-gaming competition in the world. Slated to take place in Asia toward the end of 2012,the Battle.net World Championship will host this year's StarCraft II and World of Warcraft Arena World Championship tournaments."
It continued: "We're excited to be showcasing Blizzard eSports on a truly global stage this year. We're also heavily focused on getting Diablo III, Mists of Pandaria, and Heart of the Swarm into players' hands as soon as possible. In light of our jam-packed schedule, we've decided to hold the next BlizzCon in 2013."
- Wii U version of Project CARS may not be released
- Diversity and gay romance didn't hurt sales says BioWare's David Gaider
- Microsoft accidentally leaks a “placeholder” release date for Halo: ODST remaster
- Shipment of copies of Splatoon robbed en-route to the UK
- Mortal Kombat X not coming to PS3 and Xbox 360 in June
- Spiders' The Technomancer to debut at E3
- Dirty Bomb open beta is coming next month
- Ubisoft now emailing players to encourage them to finish their games
- Supremacy, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's next DLC coming to Xbox next month with added Bruce Campbell