No BlizzCon for 2012
The planet may stop spinning with this news but Blizzard has confirmed that there will be no BlizzCon in 2012.
The reason? Blizzard has explained that they are focussing all of their energies on the development of Diablo III, StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm and the next World of Warcraft expansion The Mists of Pandaria.
A company statement was posted on the Battle.net blog saying: "Blizzard Entertainment is proud to announce the 2012 Battle.net World Championship, a major global eSports event featuring some of the best pro-gaming competition in the world. Slated to take place in Asia toward the end of 2012,the Battle.net World Championship will host this year's StarCraft II and World of Warcraft Arena World Championship tournaments."
It continued: "We're excited to be showcasing Blizzard eSports on a truly global stage this year. We're also heavily focused on getting Diablo III, Mists of Pandaria, and Heart of the Swarm into players' hands as soon as possible. In light of our jam-packed schedule, we've decided to hold the next BlizzCon in 2013."
- Resident Evil HD remake gets its first trailer
- Capcom working with Dimps on a what is probably Street Fighter V
- New Titanfall update adds Titan-free combat gameplay mode
- OnLive coming to Philips' new range fo Android-powered smart TVs
- Explore the rest of the solar system with Google's Destiny Planet View
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round coming to next-gen consoles
- Voting opens up for GamesAid's charity of 2014
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today