No BlizzCon for 2012
The planet may stop spinning with this news but Blizzard has confirmed that there will be no BlizzCon in 2012.
The reason? Blizzard has explained that they are focussing all of their energies on the development of Diablo III, StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm and the next World of Warcraft expansion The Mists of Pandaria.
A company statement was posted on the Battle.net blog saying: "Blizzard Entertainment is proud to announce the 2012 Battle.net World Championship, a major global eSports event featuring some of the best pro-gaming competition in the world. Slated to take place in Asia toward the end of 2012,the Battle.net World Championship will host this year's StarCraft II and World of Warcraft Arena World Championship tournaments."
It continued: "We're excited to be showcasing Blizzard eSports on a truly global stage this year. We're also heavily focused on getting Diablo III, Mists of Pandaria, and Heart of the Swarm into players' hands as soon as possible. In light of our jam-packed schedule, we've decided to hold the next BlizzCon in 2013."
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side