No BlizzCon for 2012
The planet may stop spinning with this news but Blizzard has confirmed that there will be no BlizzCon in 2012.
The reason? Blizzard has explained that they are focussing all of their energies on the development of Diablo III, StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm and the next World of Warcraft expansion The Mists of Pandaria.
A company statement was posted on the Battle.net blog saying: "Blizzard Entertainment is proud to announce the 2012 Battle.net World Championship, a major global eSports event featuring some of the best pro-gaming competition in the world. Slated to take place in Asia toward the end of 2012,the Battle.net World Championship will host this year's StarCraft II and World of Warcraft Arena World Championship tournaments."
It continued: "We're excited to be showcasing Blizzard eSports on a truly global stage this year. We're also heavily focused on getting Diablo III, Mists of Pandaria, and Heart of the Swarm into players' hands as soon as possible. In light of our jam-packed schedule, we've decided to hold the next BlizzCon in 2013."
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 may be coming to the PS Vita
- Destiny gets its first raid today, the Vault Of Glass
- Assassin's Creed: Unity co-op trailer arrives
- Lukewarm Destiny reviews could cost Bungie 2.5 million USD
- Borderlands multiplayer comes back to life on Steam
- Saints Row creative director Steve Jaros announces he's off to join Valve
- We want to rebuild a player-first culture says EA CEO Andrew Wilson
- WWE 2K15 gets delayed on next-gen
- Playground to add eight new cars to Forza Horizon 2 on launch day, VIP and Car pass details announced