No BlizzCon for 2012
The planet may stop spinning with this news but Blizzard has confirmed that there will be no BlizzCon in 2012.
The reason? Blizzard has explained that they are focussing all of their energies on the development of Diablo III, StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm and the next World of Warcraft expansion The Mists of Pandaria.
A company statement was posted on the Battle.net blog saying: "Blizzard Entertainment is proud to announce the 2012 Battle.net World Championship, a major global eSports event featuring some of the best pro-gaming competition in the world. Slated to take place in Asia toward the end of 2012,the Battle.net World Championship will host this year's StarCraft II and World of Warcraft Arena World Championship tournaments."
It continued: "We're excited to be showcasing Blizzard eSports on a truly global stage this year. We're also heavily focused on getting Diablo III, Mists of Pandaria, and Heart of the Swarm into players' hands as soon as possible. In light of our jam-packed schedule, we've decided to hold the next BlizzCon in 2013."
- Shovel Knight arrives on PlayStation platforms this week
- Microsoft shows off Spartan Locke in action in Halo 5: Guardians
- Bethesda E3 press conference invites tease everything but Fallout 4
- New Mass Effect details possibly leaked in an online survey
- Phil Spencer promises a first-party-focused E3 offering from Microsoft
- Valve tackles phishing and scamming on Steam by requiring new users spend 5 USD to make use of all features
- Borderlands franchise director leaves Gearbox
- Blizzard announces a release date for Heroes Of The Storm and an open beta too
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May