GTA V attracting attention from the major record companies
Grand Theft Auto V is being seen as an attractive proposition for the big record companies as well as games retailers.
EMI has commented on the value of the series for them to get some more airtime for their massive back-catalogue of hits.
The company's VP of music resources said: "Over the years, the Grand theft Auto series has provided EMI Music Publishing with a unique opportunity to get sync placements for some hidden gems in our catalogue that otherwise may not have landed in the world of video games. We look forward to working with Rockstar Games on future versions of this fantastic series and to continuing to deliver value to our songwriters in this regard."
Grand Theft Auto V was announced with a very nice teaser trailer last November although Rockstar have yet to give any indication of when it will actually be released.
Thanks Music Week.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light