Blizzard not worried about Diablo III delays
Fans may be getting itchy feet over the Diablo III's continued delays but Blizzard is remaining fairly relaxed about it all.
Diablo III director Jay Wilson responded to comments that they should hurry up and release the game by pointing out that they're not there to release "a game", they're there to release the next game in the Diablo series which is a whole different ball game.
Wilson responded to the pressure saying: "No one will remember if the game is late, only if it's great. While working on Diablo III we've been called out for messing around with systems too much, that the game is good as-is and we should just release it. I think that's a fair argument to make, but I also think it's incorrect. Our job isn't just to put out a game, it's to release the next Diablo game."
He added: "We want Diablo III to be the best game it can be when it launches. To get there, we're going to be iterating on designs we've had in place for a long time. Our hope is that by embracing our iterative design process in which we question ourselves and our decisions, Diablo III won't just live up to our expectations, but will continue to do so a decade after it's released."
Blizzard remains optimistic that they can release Diablo III worldwide in the first quarter of 2012 despite its continued ratings problems in South Korea.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey