Blizzard not worried about Diablo III delays
Fans may be getting itchy feet over the Diablo III's continued delays but Blizzard is remaining fairly relaxed about it all.
Diablo III director Jay Wilson responded to comments that they should hurry up and release the game by pointing out that they're not there to release "a game", they're there to release the next game in the Diablo series which is a whole different ball game.
Wilson responded to the pressure saying: "No one will remember if the game is late, only if it's great. While working on Diablo III we've been called out for messing around with systems too much, that the game is good as-is and we should just release it. I think that's a fair argument to make, but I also think it's incorrect. Our job isn't just to put out a game, it's to release the next Diablo game."
He added: "We want Diablo III to be the best game it can be when it launches. To get there, we're going to be iterating on designs we've had in place for a long time. Our hope is that by embracing our iterative design process in which we question ourselves and our decisions, Diablo III won't just live up to our expectations, but will continue to do so a decade after it's released."
Blizzard remains optimistic that they can release Diablo III worldwide in the first quarter of 2012 despite its continued ratings problems in South Korea.
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today
- Over 2000 developers sign an open letter calling for the community to take a stand against harassment
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date