Ubisoft Vancouver hangs up its studs
Ubisoft Vancouver, the studio best known for Pure Futbol and Motionsports Adrenaline is to closed.
Ubisoft confirmed the closure saying that they failed to get the right formula for success for the studio that they acquired back in 2009 when it was better known as Action Pants.
A company statement explained the closure saying: "Ubisoft confirms that we have made the difficult decision to close its studio in Vancouver. Unfortunately, we haven't found the right formula for success for the talented team there. We thank our Vancouver team for their hard work and the projects that they have delivered."
There was no confirmation as to what will happen to the 110 staff at the studio but the Ubisoft statement added: "Team members will have the opportunity to consider positions in other Ubisoft studios and we will work with each of them to help find the best next step, whether it be within Ubisoft or outside."
Thanks Game Informer.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto