Ubisoft Vancouver hangs up its studs
Ubisoft Vancouver, the studio best known for Pure Futbol and Motionsports Adrenaline is to closed.
Ubisoft confirmed the closure saying that they failed to get the right formula for success for the studio that they acquired back in 2009 when it was better known as Action Pants.
A company statement explained the closure saying: "Ubisoft confirms that we have made the difficult decision to close its studio in Vancouver. Unfortunately, we haven't found the right formula for success for the talented team there. We thank our Vancouver team for their hard work and the projects that they have delivered."
There was no confirmation as to what will happen to the 110 staff at the studio but the Ubisoft statement added: "Team members will have the opportunity to consider positions in other Ubisoft studios and we will work with each of them to help find the best next step, whether it be within Ubisoft or outside."
Thanks Game Informer.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year