Ubisoft Vancouver hangs up its studs
Ubisoft Vancouver, the studio best known for Pure Futbol and Motionsports Adrenaline is to closed.
Ubisoft confirmed the closure saying that they failed to get the right formula for success for the studio that they acquired back in 2009 when it was better known as Action Pants.
A company statement explained the closure saying: "Ubisoft confirms that we have made the difficult decision to close its studio in Vancouver. Unfortunately, we haven't found the right formula for success for the talented team there. We thank our Vancouver team for their hard work and the projects that they have delivered."
There was no confirmation as to what will happen to the 110 staff at the studio but the Ubisoft statement added: "Team members will have the opportunity to consider positions in other Ubisoft studios and we will work with each of them to help find the best next step, whether it be within Ubisoft or outside."
Thanks Game Informer.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer