Ubisoft Vancouver hangs up its studs
Ubisoft Vancouver, the studio best known for Pure Futbol and Motionsports Adrenaline is to closed.
Ubisoft confirmed the closure saying that they failed to get the right formula for success for the studio that they acquired back in 2009 when it was better known as Action Pants.
A company statement explained the closure saying: "Ubisoft confirms that we have made the difficult decision to close its studio in Vancouver. Unfortunately, we haven't found the right formula for success for the talented team there. We thank our Vancouver team for their hard work and the projects that they have delivered."
There was no confirmation as to what will happen to the 110 staff at the studio but the Ubisoft statement added: "Team members will have the opportunity to consider positions in other Ubisoft studios and we will work with each of them to help find the best next step, whether it be within Ubisoft or outside."
Thanks Game Informer.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny