Mass Effect 3 fans get some love with a Valentines Day demo
EA has revealed the launch date for a demo of the final episode in the battle between Commander Shepard and the Reapers.
The Mass Effect 3 demo will give players a taste of the action as they are dropped into the opening sequence with the Reapers launching an all-out assault on Earth. The demo also offers a look at the new co-operative multiplayer aspect of Mass Effect 3 with a sequence from a bit later on in the game.
Mass Effect executive producer Casey Hudson enthuses: "We are excited to be able to give gamers an expansive demo that will put them right on the front lines of this all-out galactic war. The entire scale of the game is bigger than anything we've ever done. With its intense action, deep customization and raw emotional power, Mass Effect 3 will deliver a spectacular action RPG experience to fans of the series and newcomers alike."
The Mass Effect 3 demo will be available to download on Xbox Live, PlayStation Network and Origin for PC from February the 14th. The game finally releases on March the 6th in the US and March the 9th in Europe.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3