Final Fantasy XI expanded
Whilst us neglected Europeans might quite rightly feel rather aggrieved at this news, those jammy online gamers stateside will be getting a new upgrade for FFXI on the PC in the shape of Final Fantasy XI: Chains of Promathia. We don't even have the original on PS2 or PC yet here! This SquareEnix developed add-on will be purchasable in stores, rather than downloadable online, and will debut this autumn in the US and Japan.
In both territories Square's first foray into the murky realms of the MMORPG is going surprisingly well, and this new add-on will no doubt enthuse gamers further with new realms to explore on offer. Apparently, the Chains of Promathia will also offer exposition concerning several of the game's more subtle plotlines, not that we'd know much about those...
More information on this soon, in the meantime we'll keep monitoring the powers that be in the hope that this PS2-PC hit will reach the continent at some point.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year