Xbox Live Gold gamers get early access to The Darkness II demo
Xbox Live Gold subscribers will get a nice little surprise from 2K Games today when the demo for The Darkness II arrives to download on Xbox Live.
Fans of the first game will get a taste of the new Quad-Wielding game mechanic as they help Jackie Estacado fight off a group of enemies bent on claiming the powers of the Darkness for themselves.
The new Quad-Wielding system allows players to effectively control two weapons while using the Darkness's demon arms to grab and throw enemies and objects around the game world.
The demo will be available for Silver Xbox Live users, PSN users (US Only) and PC gamers on Steam in the January the 24th. European PSN users get the demo a bit later on January the 25th.
The Darkness II is out on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC on February the 7th in North America and February the 10th in Europe.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer