EA gets 25 million players across its Play4Free titles
EA has announced that they have broken the 25 million player mark across their Play4Free titles.
The bulk of players are spending time on Battlefield Heroes and Need for Speed World with both titles hitting 10 million players each.
Battleforge, Lord of Ultima, Battlefield Play4Free and Facebook title Dragon Age Legends round out the figures bringing in another 5 million players between the four titles.
Play4Free VP Sean Decker said: "Developing a community of 25 million players is a remarkable achievement. It is a testament to the explosive growth of the free-to-play market and a reflection of EAs commitment to spearheading the digital transformation. We plan to continue to innovate in the category, introduce new gameplay that delights players and keeps them coming back for more. For our teams, this is an incredibly exciting time to be making games as the audience continues to grow and diversify."
EA's range of Play4Free titles with Command and Conquer Tiberium Alliances currently in closed beta.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto