EA gets 25 million players across its Play4Free titles
EA has announced that they have broken the 25 million player mark across their Play4Free titles.
The bulk of players are spending time on Battlefield Heroes and Need for Speed World with both titles hitting 10 million players each.
Battleforge, Lord of Ultima, Battlefield Play4Free and Facebook title Dragon Age Legends round out the figures bringing in another 5 million players between the four titles.
Play4Free VP Sean Decker said: "Developing a community of 25 million players is a remarkable achievement. It is a testament to the explosive growth of the free-to-play market and a reflection of EAs commitment to spearheading the digital transformation. We plan to continue to innovate in the category, introduce new gameplay that delights players and keeps them coming back for more. For our teams, this is an incredibly exciting time to be making games as the audience continues to grow and diversify."
EA's range of Play4Free titles with Command and Conquer Tiberium Alliances currently in closed beta.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3