EA gets 25 million players across its Play4Free titles
EA has announced that they have broken the 25 million player mark across their Play4Free titles.
The bulk of players are spending time on Battlefield Heroes and Need for Speed World with both titles hitting 10 million players each.
Battleforge, Lord of Ultima, Battlefield Play4Free and Facebook title Dragon Age Legends round out the figures bringing in another 5 million players between the four titles.
Play4Free VP Sean Decker said: "Developing a community of 25 million players is a remarkable achievement. It is a testament to the explosive growth of the free-to-play market and a reflection of EAs commitment to spearheading the digital transformation. We plan to continue to innovate in the category, introduce new gameplay that delights players and keeps them coming back for more. For our teams, this is an incredibly exciting time to be making games as the audience continues to grow and diversify."
EA's range of Play4Free titles with Command and Conquer Tiberium Alliances currently in closed beta.
- October PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up announced with Driveclub as a bonus
- Betas planned for every platform should ensure Battlefield: Hardline will work at launch
- Latest patch for Battlefield 4 fixes just about everything and unblocks your kitchen sink
- Warface gets updated with new maps and a few gameplay tweaks
- Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya gives one final response to those begging for Bayonetta 2 to be released on PS4 and Xbox One
- Shadow Of Mordor devs not worried by the Assassin's Creed comparisons
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham heading to New York ComicCon 2014
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty gets brand new 'Old School' controls
- Bungie concedes that Destiny's storyline was recut less than a year from release