EA gets 25 million players across its Play4Free titles
EA has announced that they have broken the 25 million player mark across their Play4Free titles.
The bulk of players are spending time on Battlefield Heroes and Need for Speed World with both titles hitting 10 million players each.
Battleforge, Lord of Ultima, Battlefield Play4Free and Facebook title Dragon Age Legends round out the figures bringing in another 5 million players between the four titles.
Play4Free VP Sean Decker said: "Developing a community of 25 million players is a remarkable achievement. It is a testament to the explosive growth of the free-to-play market and a reflection of EAs commitment to spearheading the digital transformation. We plan to continue to innovate in the category, introduce new gameplay that delights players and keeps them coming back for more. For our teams, this is an incredibly exciting time to be making games as the audience continues to grow and diversify."
EA's range of Play4Free titles with Command and Conquer Tiberium Alliances currently in closed beta.
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network
- New 2-on-2 mode lands in Destiny's Crucible
- Second Life Is Strange developer diaries arrives, Reddit AMA planned for next week
- Destiny's Crota's End Raid beaten in 27 minutes on Hard Mode
- Techland to show off Dying Light's asymmetric multiplayer Be A Zombie mode tomorrow
- You won't need a new graphics card in order to use DirectX 12
- Dying Light physical launch outside North America coming end of February with free DLC for all
- Telltale's Game Of Thrones Episode 2 coming at the beginning of next month
- Sony unveils special edition Bloodborne PS4s for Japan