Post Rage job losses confirmed at id Software
Bethesda, parent company of DOOM developer id Software, has confirmed that there have been some job losses at the studio after their latest release Rage.
A statement explained that there had been some job losses at id but this was just a perfectly normal part of their development cycle and everything is business as usual at the studio.
The company statement read: "As part of its standard business practice, id regularly evaluates staffing to ensure it has a workforce that meets the needs of the studio. As part of that process, some id employees were recently let go."
Rage, id's most recent release has not done as well as expected due to a mixed reception with games critics and the exceptionally buggy state of the PC version at launch.
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO