Post Rage job losses confirmed at id Software
Bethesda, parent company of DOOM developer id Software, has confirmed that there have been some job losses at the studio after their latest release Rage.
A statement explained that there had been some job losses at id but this was just a perfectly normal part of their development cycle and everything is business as usual at the studio.
The company statement read: "As part of its standard business practice, id regularly evaluates staffing to ensure it has a workforce that meets the needs of the studio. As part of that process, some id employees were recently let go."
Rage, id's most recent release has not done as well as expected due to a mixed reception with games critics and the exceptionally buggy state of the PC version at launch.
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side