Post Rage job losses confirmed at id Software
Bethesda, parent company of DOOM developer id Software, has confirmed that there have been some job losses at the studio after their latest release Rage.
A statement explained that there had been some job losses at id but this was just a perfectly normal part of their development cycle and everything is business as usual at the studio.
The company statement read: "As part of its standard business practice, id regularly evaluates staffing to ensure it has a workforce that meets the needs of the studio. As part of that process, some id employees were recently let go."
Rage, id's most recent release has not done as well as expected due to a mixed reception with games critics and the exceptionally buggy state of the PC version at launch.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3