Post Rage job losses confirmed at id Software
Bethesda, parent company of DOOM developer id Software, has confirmed that there have been some job losses at the studio after their latest release Rage.
A statement explained that there had been some job losses at id but this was just a perfectly normal part of their development cycle and everything is business as usual at the studio.
The company statement read: "As part of its standard business practice, id regularly evaluates staffing to ensure it has a workforce that meets the needs of the studio. As part of that process, some id employees were recently let go."
Rage, id's most recent release has not done as well as expected due to a mixed reception with games critics and the exceptionally buggy state of the PC version at launch.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto