Post Rage job losses confirmed at id Software
Bethesda, parent company of DOOM developer id Software, has confirmed that there have been some job losses at the studio after their latest release Rage.
A statement explained that there had been some job losses at id but this was just a perfectly normal part of their development cycle and everything is business as usual at the studio.
The company statement read: "As part of its standard business practice, id regularly evaluates staffing to ensure it has a workforce that meets the needs of the studio. As part of that process, some id employees were recently let go."
Rage, id's most recent release has not done as well as expected due to a mixed reception with games critics and the exceptionally buggy state of the PC version at launch.
- Left 4 Dead 2 finally gets an uncensored release in Australia
- Starting Destiny from a “blank canvas” was liberating says Bungie
- Driveclub PS Plus Edition will be an added extra for PS Plus subscribers in October
- Chris Roberts: Star Citizen does have potential on next-gen consoles
- Rockstar explains the delay to the PC version of GTA V
- The plan is to bring PSOne, PS2 and PS4 games to PS Now in the future says Sony
- Major Nelson reveals three new Xbox 360 hardware bundles coming this week
- Markus 'Notch' Persson: “I didn’t have the connection to my fans I thought I had”
- Microsoft purchases Minecraft devs Mojang for 2.5 billion USD, Markus Persson and other founders to leave