Hirai: No PS4 at E3
Sony's Kaz Hirai has played down rumours that they will be revealing their next generation of home console at this year's E3.
Hirai was responding to rumours that emerged last week that both Sony and Microsoft would be revealing their new home consoles at E3 in June in part to steal the Wii U's thunder.
He expanded on that saying: "I've always said a 10-year life cycle for PS3, and there is no reason to go away from that."
Rumours of a PS4 have floating around for a while now but it might be reasonable to assume that Sony may avoid any hardware announcements this year to concentrate on making a success of the PS Vita.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title