Hirai: No PS4 at E3
Sony's Kaz Hirai has played down rumours that they will be revealing their next generation of home console at this year's E3.
Hirai was responding to rumours that emerged last week that both Sony and Microsoft would be revealing their new home consoles at E3 in June in part to steal the Wii U's thunder.
He expanded on that saying: "I've always said a 10-year life cycle for PS3, and there is no reason to go away from that."
Rumours of a PS4 have floating around for a while now but it might be reasonable to assume that Sony may avoid any hardware announcements this year to concentrate on making a success of the PS Vita.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch
- New featurette release talking about faithfully recreating the artwork from The Legend Of Korra in the new game
- Sony details PS4 update 2.00, Music player is among the highlights
- Runefest 2014 Runescape's most successful fanfest yet
- Project CARS delayed into 2015 to push it out of the busy Christmas release schedule
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection needs a 20 GB day one update because 343 filled up the 45GB game disc
- SEGA announces the Fox Company pre-order bonus for Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault
- Tim Schafer has finally finished writing Broken Age Act 2
- Pachter reckons GTA V won't sell all that well on next-gen consoles, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare should do well though