Hirai: No PS4 at E3
Sony's Kaz Hirai has played down rumours that they will be revealing their next generation of home console at this year's E3.
Hirai was responding to rumours that emerged last week that both Sony and Microsoft would be revealing their new home consoles at E3 in June in part to steal the Wii U's thunder.
He expanded on that saying: "I've always said a 10-year life cycle for PS3, and there is no reason to go away from that."
Rumours of a PS4 have floating around for a while now but it might be reasonable to assume that Sony may avoid any hardware announcements this year to concentrate on making a success of the PS Vita.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 may be coming to the PS Vita
- Destiny gets its first raid today, the Vault Of Glass
- Assassin's Creed: Unity co-op trailer arrives
- Lukewarm Destiny reviews could cost Bungie 2.5 million USD
- Borderlands multiplayer comes back to life on Steam
- Saints Row creative director Steve Jaros announces he's off to join Valve
- We want to rebuild a player-first culture says EA CEO Andrew Wilson
- WWE 2K15 gets delayed on next-gen
- Playground to add eight new cars to Forza Horizon 2 on launch day, VIP and Car pass details announced