Hirai: No PS4 at E3
Sony's Kaz Hirai has played down rumours that they will be revealing their next generation of home console at this year's E3.
Hirai was responding to rumours that emerged last week that both Sony and Microsoft would be revealing their new home consoles at E3 in June in part to steal the Wii U's thunder.
He expanded on that saying: "I've always said a 10-year life cycle for PS3, and there is no reason to go away from that."
Rumours of a PS4 have floating around for a while now but it might be reasonable to assume that Sony may avoid any hardware announcements this year to concentrate on making a success of the PS Vita.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date