Hirai: No PS4 at E3
Sony's Kaz Hirai has played down rumours that they will be revealing their next generation of home console at this year's E3.
Hirai was responding to rumours that emerged last week that both Sony and Microsoft would be revealing their new home consoles at E3 in June in part to steal the Wii U's thunder.
He expanded on that saying: "I've always said a 10-year life cycle for PS3, and there is no reason to go away from that."
Rumours of a PS4 have floating around for a while now but it might be reasonable to assume that Sony may avoid any hardware announcements this year to concentrate on making a success of the PS Vita.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter